Full Time /
Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest-growing technology company. We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, Guess, and Jelly Belly.
We're a dedicated team, driven by 4 values; Customer Obsession, Quality, Results-Oriented and Accountability. We've been recognized in 2023 as the Globe and Mail's 8th Fastest Growing Company, 12th in Deloitte Technology Fast 500, #2 in Canada for Deloitte's Fast 50 in Technology, and #4 on Forbes Canada's Best Startup Employers. If you're interested in joining a team poised for greatness, we hope you'll apply!
A bit about us… You will be joining a tight knit team in a fast-paced tech company. We are very close to the product team as we strongly believe that our customers know what we should fix and build next. We don’t believe in ego and operate on idea meritocracy. We also believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn something and that feedback from each other and customers is the best way to improve. We encourage continuous learning and like to share things that we've learned.
What we've achieved so far :
- Developed a prioritization algorithm to prioritize issues by how much revenue they are causing customers.
- Developed a model to predict reproduction steps necessary to reproduce an issue.
- Integrated Large Language Models (LLMs) into our product but are starting to feel the limitations of closed-source LLMs.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding LLMs and how we can apply them to our business problems.
- Understanding how we can feed petabytes of information into our own LLM for purpose built LLMs.
- Helping us iterate on issue prioritization using a variety of tools. We want to be able to tell users what issues they need to be working on. This problem requires the synthesis of analytical data, image and video processing and traditional reasoning to solve it accurately.
- We want to develop a tool that helps users reproduce issues reliably with the information we have collected.
Who you are:
- Working with large amounts of Data (>100GB) and building insights using statistical models
- Python, SQL, querying and building dashboards
- Classical Machine Learning (GLMs, XGBoost, Tree-based Models, SVMs, Ensemble Models, Clustering, Dimensionality reduction, handling imbalanced datasets, semi-supervised learning etc.)
- Familiarity with ML pipelines using tools like Scikit-learn, PySpark, MLflow etc.
- Building metrics, model evaluation, and monitoring
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate ideas to non-technical team members
- A meticulous and detail-oriented working style
- The ability to distinguish signal from noise
- A team-player mentality, and excellent collaboration skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to choose the hours that work best for you.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).