People Operations Specialist
Ottawa, Ontario /
People & Culture /
Noibu is Canada’s Capital city’s fastest growing technology company. We help brands recover millions of dollars in lost sales every day by helping them detect, manage and resolve critical errors on their online store. You may have heard of some of our customers like Levi’s, Champion, Air Transat, Guess, and Jelly Belly.
The tenet of our culture has been ‘People First’ from Day 1. Our Employee Satisfaction Survey scores have consistently been the highest in our city year over year and this year has been no exception! We’re the highest scoring scaling company with a score of 97/100 in Invest Ottawa’s portfolio🥇
About the team:
The P&C Team at Noibu is a small but dedicated group whose main goal is to create and foster our People First culture in everything we do. By joining the P&C Team you’ll be joining a team that is results-oriented, fun, driven and highly empathetic. You’ll have the room to leave your mark and push things forward as Noibu takes on 2023 and beyond!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute strategy around new hire onboarding, ensuring employees are fully set up for success in their role and immersed in Noibu’s culture from day one.
- Build out employee engagement programs by coordinating and planning events, managing vendors, and coming up with creative ways to foster a sense of belonging among an in-office and distributed team.
- Leverage employee engagement survey data to create new initiatives.
- Assist with the strategy and rollout around employee performance and recognition programs. Identify creative new avenues for recognition.
- Accountable for HRIS data including team member records and information changes such as promotions, terminations, and salary changes. Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all people data in the HRIS.
- Bridge the gap between employees + People & Culture.
Who you are:
- Trust is the tenet of your work. You’re trusted by business stakeholders and employees alike.
- People focused. You have an amazing attitude, you are personable, empathetic, approachable, and always eager to help. You are skilled in active listening and cultivating meaningful feedback loops via surveys, focus groups, and 1:1 interactions.
- Problem solver. No matter the task you thrive on finding innovative ways of solving problems and coming up with solutions. Thinking on your feet is a strength.
- Self-motivated. You don’t need others to drive you forward. You like to get this done and fast.
Why should you consider Noibu?
🦄 We’re working to be Ottawa’s next Unicorn
Noibu is going to impact billions of shoppers. By joining our small team on the ground floor, you have the opportunity to do something amazing with us and grow more than you even realize is possible.
We're a pay for impact company that is striving to lead the market in regards to compensation. Outside of your base salary, you have access to our Employee Stock Option Plan and potential variable pay or bonus arrangements.
🕰️ Unlimited Time Off & Flexible Working Style
In addition to unlimited time off, we enforce an annual minimum of 3 weeks for all employees and have a company wide holiday shut down every year. Our flexible working style means you get to work when and where you want.
🦷 Benefits from Day 1
Imagine having to wait 3 months into your new job to go to the dentist? Never at Noibu. We hired you. We believe in you, and everyone gets access to all benefits, perks, and allowances from their first day with us 🤝
🎉 Fun & Engagement
Lots of companies preach having fun, but we seriously do walk the walk. Think things like Monthly Company-Wide & Team-Specific Socials, frequent post-work Happy Hours, and a MAJOR annual Holiday Party 🎄
...Plus much, much more.
If you have experience that’s close to what we outlined but think you might be missing a couple of things, apply anyway! 🚀 What’s the worst that could happen? Noibu looks for people with exceptional potential, and we know that this takes many forms.
At Noibu, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, supported, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We encourage all applicants to indicate their preferred pronouns on their application (e.g. she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).