Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist - Bioanalytics
Emeryville, CA /
Pre-Clinical / Clinical Development /
Pick a challenge that is bigger than your lifetime.
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at Nutcracker. We are an early-stage company looking at mRNA and its production in a completely different way. We are challenging the conventional and merging both innovative science with engineering to not just save lives, but to improve the manufacturing and delivery of critical health solutions. Yes, as our name implies, we are working to crack some of the toughest scientific and engineering nuts out there. If you are driven to discover, create, and inspire something that moves science and technology forward, and lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready to be a Nutcracker.
We are looking for an individual who can deliver exceptional bioanalytical experimental results using a variety of technologies. The SRA / Associate Scientist - Bioanalytics will be responsible for characterizing pharmacological and safety profiles of Nutcracker’s diverse mRNA therapeutics pipeline. This role presents an opportunity to collaborate with drug discovery, manufacturing, & quality teams, contribute to relevant sections of regulatory filings, and pursue innovative analytical technologies.
The ideal candidate will be a creative and strong analytical thinker who enjoys hands-on experimentation, technical mentorship, data-driven decision making, and open collaboration in an interdisciplinary environment. This position is within the preclinical development team and works out of our Emeryville headquarters.
- Contribute to development of bioanalytical methods to characterize primary and secondary pharmacologic mechanisms, biomarkers, translational potential, and safety for development-stage programs.
- Implement established assays for sample analysis with attention to detail and reproducibility.
- Author high-quality, timely and appropriate technical documentation including laboratory records, SOPs, protocols, technical reports, sample analysis reports, and sections for regulatory filings.
- Analyze and communicate data effectively, resolving problems through critical evaluation.
- Develop and implement innovative analytical and automation technologies with a particular focus on high-throughput methodologies.
- Provide biochemical and cellular pharmacology expertise to preclinical development across multiple therapeutic areas (e.g., oncology, infectious disease).
- A BS/MS/PhD in biological sciences or related discipline with at least 1-2 years working full time in a laboratory setting either in an academia or industry. Position will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience with design, development and optimization of biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies with a core expertise in at least one of the following: qPCR, ligand-binding assay/ELISA, flow cytometry, fluorescence/colorimetric assays, MSD, and Luminex.
- Experience working with and assay development in biological matrices such as serum, plasma, or tissue homogenates.
- A strong scientific foundation for detailed electronic experimental records and technical writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality experimental data.
- Familiarity or desire to learn about the role of PK, PD biomarker and MOA studies in non-clinical or clinical trial settings.
- Experience with adapting and implementing high-throughput methodologies for bioanalytics assays.
- Strong commitment to quality culture, including detailed record keeping and speaking up for continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work within a highly collaborative team; adept at building cross-functional relationships with individuals from diverse interdisciplinary backgrounds.
The expected salary range for Senior Research Associate is $81,000 to $99,000, based on candidate experience, education, location, and other job-related factors.
The expected salary range for Associate Scientist is $90,000 to $110,000, based on candidate experience, education, location, and other job-related factors.
Employees are also eligible to participate in benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), PTO plan and employee stock options.
Nutcracker Therapeutics is an early stage life science company building a workplace where highly collaborative and diverse teams thrive. If your best work is performed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment where meaningful work is mastered each day, we’d love to hear from you.
Nutcracker Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, as such, we do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.