ONRAMP – Backend Engineer at Fintech Startup (Full-Time, Remote)
Remote, Full Time
More than 72% of our nation’s freight is moved by truck. Join ONRAMP to bring faster, friendlier financial services to truck drivers and operators, and be a part of the cleaner, more efficient future of transportation. ONRAMP is building full stack energy payments infrastructure for the trucking industry, supporting diesel, electric, hydrogen, and natural gas (RNG & CNG).
If you are ready to put your technical and collaboration skills to work helping millions of drivers and operators in the trucking industry, this role is for you. You can be located anywhere in the US, and will report to the CTO.
· Design, review and build elegant key microservices in the ONRAMP payment platform.
· Brainstorm features our users want and iterate fast to bring them into the product.
· Build robust integrations with external partners’ APIs to bring new financial services to freight transportation.
· Scale the team productivity by orders of magnitude by contributing high leverage developer productivity tooling.
· Interview potential new team members.
· Engage in problem solving discussions with the team on Slack.
What you’ll have:
· 3+ years of experience working in a high scale development stack in a containerized environment, working in at least one modern language (node.js, python, golang).
· Familiarity with (or curiosity about) distributed event driven design.
· History of shipping products used and loved by millions of people.
· Ability to identify quick wins, and to fail quickly.
· “No such thing as not my job” attitude - you can tackle deployments, security audits, user interviews as well as coding.
· Strong written communication and bias for consensus and action.
· Ability to be accountable for your time and deliverables in a remote environment.
If you’re not certain you meet these qualifications, especially if you’re a woman, gender-diverse or of an under-represented minority, please do apply! We would much prefer to have an application to consider, rather than you screen yourself out.
· Health, dental and vision insurance.
· Meaningful equity in an industry-changing startup.
· Remote work starter package.
· Monthly book stipend.