Insurance Customer Success Rep
Chicago Il, Sarasota Fl /
Obie is reinventing the commercial insurance process. We offer property and casualty insurance specifically designed for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you're a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent.
Obie is looking for an innovative, bright, motivated and hard-working individual to join our team to help us accomplish our mission of combining insurance know-how, innovative technology and world-class service to delight our customers. We are committed to providing our employees great pay & benefits, and a chance to contribute meaningfully to a growing company in an exciting industry.
- You are a self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction.
- You have a strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems.
- You are flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done.
- And you have a natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic.
What you will be doing:
- Move fast to contact current clients within target time frames and develop relationships with customers to deliver a truly outstanding sales experience.
- Work closely with current customers to educate them on the benefits of our programs and products while ensuring all accounts are serviced appropriately.
- Work closely with referral sources and carrier contacts to successfully deliver for our customers.
- Crush your monthly service goals.
- Strive to follow processes related to customer follow up and data gathering.
- Maintain the existing culture predicated on motivation and positive reinforcement while upholding a standard of accountability to self, team and company.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years working in insurance customer service.
- Detail orientation in everything you do: there is a lot of customer and policy information flying by you – having a keen eye here is essential.
- Experience and comfort using a variety of software tools from Excel and G Suite, to policy management and accounting systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to assist with customer needs, problem solve, answer questions, and leave a positive impression.
- Fearlessness and adaptability in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Personal standard for excellence: Strong process orientation and interest in finding better ways to do things.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage time effectively.
- Positive “can do” attitude and a desire to contribute to a growing, energetic work environment.
- An active Property & Casualty insurance license is a huge plus and is preferred.
What draws people to Obie
We are a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is due to the strength of our team. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We are a curious, creative, and analytical team, passionate about solving problems. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a huge impact.
Autonomy. The opportunities to contribute and grow are limitless
Collaboration. We value rich discussion and multiple perspectives because we recognize it results in stronger outcomes.
People. We are inspired by the collection of smart, creative, and solutions-oriented people around us.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Unlimited vacation policy with a required minimum to support a healthy work-life balance
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
Group training and individual professional development support
Company off-sites to support team development (as COVID allows)
We will be testing a summer hours this year