Senior Software Engineer
Obie is reinventing the commercial insurance process. We offer property and casualty insurance specifically designed for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you're a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent.
Obie is looking for passionate, talented software engineers (React, GraphQL, Node.js) to join us to build our product, our team, and our company. A small pivot in our journey has led to a strong product-market fit and we are moving quickly to build something incredible.
What you would do
- Write high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Write automated tests for your code
- Design, develop and support software including applications, databases and APIs
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure projects meet business objectives and compliance standards
- Support testing, quality assurance and deployment of new products and features
- Write and review code specifications and participate in code reviews
- Mentor team members and promote coding standards and best practices
What we are looking for
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with distributed team members
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field) preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
What draws people to Obie
We are a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is due to the strength of our team. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We are a curious, creative, and analytical team, passionate about solving problems. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a huge impact.
Autonomy. The opportunities to contribute and grow are limitless
Collaboration. We value rich discussion and multiple perspectives because we recognize it results in stronger outcomes.
People. We are inspired by the collection of smart, creative, and solutions-oriented people around us.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Unlimited vacation policy with a required minimum to support a healthy work-life balance
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
Group training and individual professional development support
Company off-sites to support team development (as COVID allows)
We will be testing a summer hours this year