Chicago IL, Sarasota FL, Remote (Canada/US) /
Obie is reinventing the commercial insurance process. We offer property and casualty insurance specifically designed for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you're a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent.
About the Job:
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Drive execution through spec writing, design process, and managing project execution
- Own all product components end to end - partner data integrations, agent workflow development, and direct to consumer experience
- Define data integrations and requirements jointly with partners Use qualitative and customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders
- Work cross functionally with Product, UX, Engineering & Partnership teams
- BA/BS degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, owning and driving significant cross-organizational projects
- Experience driving products that rely heavily on partner data integrations and workflow tools
- An eye for compelling design, and the ability to advocate on behalf of what’s best for user experience.
- Radical and creative thinking paired with strong execution.
- Comfort with rapidly changing business needs that is typical of a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative thinking.
- Able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, with high EQ ability to serve product ambassador to the rest of the organization.
Detail oriented Preferred Qualifications:
- Product experience at a hyper growth company
- Prior startup experience as a product manager
- Passionate about data driven products and rapid prototyping and testing.
- SQL knowledge a huge plus
What draws people to Obie
We are a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is due to the strength of our team. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We are a curious, creative, and analytical team, passionate about solving problems. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a huge impact.
Autonomy. The opportunities to contribute and grow are limitless
Collaboration. We value rich discussion and multiple perspectives because we recognize it results in stronger outcomes.
People. We are inspired by the collection of smart, creative, and solutions-oriented people around us.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Unlimited vacation policy with a required minimum to support a healthy work-life balance
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
Group training and individual professional development support
Company off-sites to support team development (as COVID allows)
We will be testing a summer hours this year