Chicago IL, Sarasota FL, Remote (Canada/US) /
Obie is reinventing the commercial insurance process. We offer property and casualty insurance specifically designed for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you're a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent.
At Obie, we are building a team that has an insatiable appetite for learning and has a commitment to continuous improvement. Typical work would revolve around supporting marketing and product teams in UI Product design, print and digital materials, and website design
If your goal as a designer is to provide the best possible experience, coupled with a stunning on brand visuals, then keep on reading. Obie cares about the person who joins this team just as much what skills they have, we are looking for professionals that share our values and wants to join a team with similar goals. As a startup, our company relies on our teamwork, trust, mutual respect and skill to help the business win. We work as a team, get our work done on time and we push each other to achieve high quality standards. You will be working with the creative team to conceptualize digital designs through flowcharts, storyboards, sitemaps wireframes, mood boards, style guides, graphic designs, and visual mockups. We are looking for someone to bring new / fresh ideas to the table that result in custom visuals and user friendly approach for every project.
- 3-5 years working at a digital agency, startup, or 5+ years of agnostic design is preferred
- Project management
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently, self directed learner
- Strong communication skills; proficient in English
- Strong affinity for technology and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, And After Effects) & FIgma
- Entry level understanding of design foundations (Color theory, typography, digital spatial planning and function)
- Creative thinker, efficient problem solver and ability to accept constructive feedback
- Collaborative team player with exhibited ability to operate in a highly fluid environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic Design, Human Interaction Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or related degree and/or professional portfolio a plus
What draws people to Obie
We are a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is due to the strength of our team. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We are a curious, creative, and analytical team, passionate about solving problems. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a huge impact.
Autonomy. The opportunities to contribute and grow are limitless
Collaboration. We value rich discussion and multiple perspectives because we recognize it results in stronger outcomes.
People. We are inspired by the collection of smart, creative, and solutions-oriented people around us.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Unlimited vacation policy with a required minimum to support a healthy work-life balance
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
Group training and individual professional development support
Company off-sites to support team development (as COVID allows)
We will be testing a summer hours this year