Senior Full-Stack Developer
Canada - Remote /
Full - Time Employee/ Permanent
ODAIA nouno·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \
An Ancient Greek word referring to a salesperson’s “tools of the trade.”
Learn more about our company here. You can also find more information about the company and our products at odaia.ai.
ODAIA is a remote first organization, all our positions are WFH.
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS product MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
ODAIAns (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day lives. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication;” and making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
Reducing patients’ time to therapy by facilitating meaningful interactions with healthcare providers, through human-centric software powered by AI.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities to grow are extensive.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you possess the passion, curiosity, and motivation to design and implement solutions end-to-end. You are laser-focused on bringing value to end-users and have amazing attention to detail. You are a high-impact individual contributor with a strong sense of ownership in the product you are working. You can also effectively mentor and help develop the skills of the other individuals within the team. You bring considerable knowledge and experience delivering production-quality code for medium to large scale products, building software from the ground up and an understanding of the full development cycle.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Directly contribute to solving some of the most exciting and challenging problems while building a great software product in a dynamic, agile startup environment
- Design, build, and deploy scalable and secure software on AWS using technologies such as ECS, RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Cognito, SQS, etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle including conceptual design, development, deployment, operations and code reviews
- Facilitate and participate in inter-team and cross-functional collaboration
- Follow best practices and strive for technical and product domain expertise
- Juggle between production and rapid prototyping needs in a fast-paced environment using agile software practices
- Encourage, mentor, and coach members of the product development team
- Assist with the setup of best practices and develop technical and product domain expertise
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by fully understanding architecture and tech stack, and participate in refactoring, creating standards, and improving build and test systems
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience
- Understand that coding is a craft to hone rather than a tool to use
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, functional design, and other design principles/patterns
- Advanced understanding of professional development techniques such as Test Driven Development
- Initiates collaboration with your team to via one-on-one mentorship or pair programming
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices such as CI/CD
- Skilled in performant SQL schema and query design
- Highly experienced in AWS stack or an equivalent cloud platform
- Understanding of data science or data analytics
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, security, and design constraints on the web
- Experience in React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, or JQuery
- Understanding of data science or data analytics is highly beneficial
- Self-directed, take initiative, and excellent project management skills
- Effectively assist with guiding the team to move the product forward
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and copes effectively with complexity and ambiguity
- Has exceptional communication skills, understand how to influence to both technical and non-technical teams
- A continuous learner who seeks and welcomes feedback to improve yourself and your craft
- Grand vision, low ego, and able to make a big impact
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly productive driven startup culture that values agility, passion, ownership, trust, respect, diversity and inclusion
- Tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- Endless learning opportunities
- An inclusive environment, we are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours, providing great balance for personal and family life
- We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy
- Our employees can take what they want, when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they're away
- Stock option grants
- A generous home office allowance
- Career development opportunities, and a solid business model - we’re in it for the long haul!
If you think you may not check every box, don’t worry, we would love to see your resume anyway! Odaians are at core a group of great and talented people, eager to learn, take ownership, and turn ambitious ideas into reality.
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with frequent in-person collaborative work sessions and social gatherings at a work-share office in downtown Toronto. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
Any conditional offer of employment made to a successful candidate will be subject to the full satisfaction with the results of any background and reference checks.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process. For more on this, you can inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.