Senior Product Designer
Canada - Remote /
Product and Design /
Full - Time Employee/ Permanent
o·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \Ancient Greek word that means "that for which a merchant travels".
Check out our cool deck: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEwkoWp1B4/pNcObsmvhKvkM61IWu3IFA/view
ODAIA helps sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS product MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
Odaians (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. And making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Product Designer to lay the core foundation of a talented product design team. You will have the chance to closely collaborate with junior UX/UI designer(s), product managers, engineers, business and marketing teams. This position will initially report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Our MAPTUAL product is being praised directly by our end-users in the life sciences space, they have never used anything like it in the world of enterprise SaaS. Through your experience and design gift, we want to empower you to take our product to the next level!
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
What you Will Do:
- Contribute directly by solving some of the most exciting and challenging design problems around information hierarchy, information scalability, data visualization, and more
- Deeply empathetic with core users and various types of customer stakeholders
- Solve complex business problems with intuitive interactions and visuals
- Own user journey end-to-end and all aspects of design execution from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, and to final production
- Collaborate closely with engineers to ensure design feasibility and practicality
- Provide the necessary assets and design details required for implementationFacilitate design discussions, foster design culture, refine product design language, and influence product roadmap
- Design products at an ecosystem level to ensure all our product offerings and designs achieve a symbiotic relationship - product network effect
- Lead design directions for both Web app and native iOS app
What You Bring:
- A mix of strong product design experience, a good understanding of design systems, and expertise in designing scalable products
- 5+ years of experience in a design role within a product-driven company
- Experience participating in and facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Talent in translating complex workflows into intuitive and scalable UX/UIFluent with one or more popular design systems / component libraries such as Material UI, Polaris, Semantic UI, Carbon Design System, Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- A critical and analytical thinker who can facilitate problem solving discussions and work with ambiguity to arrive at design solutions
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.), interaction prototyping tools (e.g. InVision), collaboration tools (e.g. Miro, Lucidchart, etc..) to generate and iterate prototypes, user-flow, and user journeys
- Bonus: Data visualization design experience and curiosity for how AI/Machine Learning is utilized to solve complex business problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsGrand vision, low ego, and high impact
What We Offer:
- Working on unique challenges productizing data science in new ways
- The opportunity to make a full impact by designing, building, and contributing directly
- Tremendous growth and learning opportunities
- Great benefits! We offer top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance, and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours. We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy. Our employees can take what they want when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved, and get things covered while they're away. One of our core values is trusting and respecting each other, and this policy is just one of the ways we show it
- Stock options, as an early team member
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with frequent in-person collaborative work sessions and social gatherings. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
Accomodations & Accessibility
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.