DevOps Cloud Engineer (US)
Onehouse is a mission driven company dedicated to democratizing data management by making it universally interoperable. We deliver the universal data lakehouse through a cloud-native managed lakehouse service built on Apache Hudi, which was created by the founding team while they were at Uber.
We are a team of self-driven, inspired, and seasoned builders that have created large-scale data systems and globally distributed platforms that sit at the heart of some of the largest enterprises out there including Uber, Linkedin, Confluent, Amazon, Azure Databricks and many more. Riding off $33M total funding and a fresh Series A backed by Greylock/Addition, we are quickly expanding and looking for rising talent to grow with us and become future leaders of the team. Come help us build the world's best fully managed and self-optimizing data lake platform!
The Community You Will Join
When you join Onehouse, you're joining a team of passionate professionals tackling the deeply technical challenges of building a 2-sided engineering product. Our engineering team serves as the bridge between the worlds of open source and enterprise: contributing directly to and growing Apache Hudi (already used at scale by global enterprises like Uber, Amazon, ByteDance etc) and concurrently defining a new industry category - the transactional data lake. The Cloud Infrastructure team is the glue that binds all of this together. We enable our data platform and infrastructure teams to be successful by acting as the foundation of a truly cloud native product.
The Impact You Will Drive:
- As a Devops Engineer at Onehouse, you will build a world class software development and deployment infrastructure of a product that is revolutionizing the cloud data lake management.
A Typical Day:
- Be the go to person for all things Infra / DevOps / SRE etc.
- Collaborating with your stakeholders in data platform, backend and frontend to achieve key deliverables
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines for multiple services and environments
- Implement infrastructure-as-code for multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the product quality & velocity of deployments
- Implement automation for monitoring and oncall processes
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kafka, Debezium etc.
- Manage security and access control for entire organization (IAM/SSO management)
- Uphold a high engineering bar around the code, monitoring, operations, automated testing, release management of the platform
- Handling of production alerts, incidents and writing good well-organized on-call runbooks, documentation and post-mortem reports
What You Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of experience as a devops engineer with operational excellence in monitoring/deploying/testing microservice architectures.
- Experience with managing kubernetes clusters and applications at scale
- Experience deploying applications on one or more cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with automation frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with monitoring stacks (e.g. Prometheus and ELK)
- Experience with cloud security management (e.g IAM, SSO)
- Great problem-solving skills, a keen eye for details
- Quick decision making, self-driven and able to balance to feature development and tech debt
- Clear communication skills
- Nice to haves (but not required):
- Experience with data processing technologies like Spark
How We'll Take Care of You
-Competitive Compensation; the estimated base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $220,000
-Equity Compensation; our success is your success with eligible participation in our company equity plan
-Health & Well-being; we'll invest in your physical and mental well-being with up to 90% health coverage (50% for spouses/dependents) including comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
-Financial Future; we'll invest in your financial well-being by making this role eligible to contribute to our company 401(k) or Roth 401(k) retirement plan
-Location; we are a remote-friendly company (internationally distributed across N. America + India), though some roles will be subject to in-person requirements in alignment with the needs of the business
-Generous Time Off; unlimited PTO (mandatory 1 week/year minimum), uncapped sick days and 11 paid company holidays
-Company Camaraderie; Annual company offsites and Quarterly team onsites @Sunnyvale HQ
-Food & Meal Allowance; weekly lunch stipend, in-office snacks/drinks
-Equipment; we'll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful and a one-time $500 stipend for your initial desk setup
-Child Bonding!; 8 weeks off for parents (birthing, non-birthing, adoptive, foster, child placement, new guardianship) - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Optimize for the company, your team, self - in that order. We may fight long and hard in the trenches, take care of your co-workers with empathy. We give more than we take to build the one house, that everyone dreams of being part of.
Tough & Persevering
We are building our company in a very large, fast-growing but highly competitive space. Life will get tough sometimes. We take hardships in the stride, be positive, focus all energy on the path forward and develop a champion's mindset to overcome odds. Always day one!
Keep Making It Better Always
Rome was not built in a day; If we can get 1% better each day for one year, we'll end up thirty-seven times better. This means being organized, communicating promptly, taking even small tasks seriously, tracking all small ideas, and paying it forward.
Think Big, Act Fast
We have tremendous scope for innovation, but we will still be judged by impact over time. Big, bold ideas still need to be strategized against priorities, broken down, set in rapid motion, measure, refine, repeat. Great execution is what separates promising companies from proven unicorns.
Be Customer Obsessed
Everyone has the responsibility to drive towards the best experience for the customer, be an OSS user or a paid customer. If something is broken, own it, say something, do something; never ignore. Be the change that you want to see in the company.
Pay Range Transparency
Onehouse is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Our job titles may span more than one career level. The pay range(s) for this role is listed above and represents the base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are dependent upon several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: job-related skills, depth of transferable experience, relevant certifications and training, business needs, market demands and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Onehouse utilizes the full width of the range; the base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The total compensation package for this position will also include eligibility for equity options and the benefits listed above.