Vice President of Sales
General & Administrative /
As the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to achieve ambitious revenue targets, drive customer acquisition and retention. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will collaborate closely with the executive team to align sales objectives with the company's overall vision and mission. Your primary focus will be driving sales excellence, aligning with our Product Team to assist with product/market fit, and collaborating with Customer Success to nurture strong client relationships. If you are a seasoned sales professional with a vision and passion for the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to overlook this unique opportunity – an exciting, gratifying position offering amazing growth and income potential. We invite you to consider our innovative team.
-Our Mission is to collect, standardize and consolidate healthcare data to build a complete picture of patient health.
-Our Vision is to be the most trusted source of patient insights, radically improving healthcare.
-And our team values Integrity, Innovation, Inclusivity and Excellence.
The Seattle base salary range for this full-time position $170k-$235k and is determined by role, level, and location. In addition, we offer a competitive bonus/commission structure for this role. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, EAP, short-term and long-term disability, 16 days PTO, 8 paid holidays, fully paid holiday closure, parental and family medical leave, 401k, stock options and annual bonuses and salary increases based on merit.
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement:
At Opala, we believe that diversity and inclusivity are critical to our success. We encourage and value diverse perspectives and experiences, and we believe that they are essential for driving innovation and creating products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Sales Strategy Development: Building strategic relationships at the executive level, developing, and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy that aligns with the company's product vision, growth objectives and market positioning in the healthcare technology sector.
- Revenue Growth: Expanding Opala’s footprint by driving revenue growth, product expansion and market development. Prospecting and identifying new business opportunities and maximizing sales opportunities, while staying within an allocated budget.
- Sales Performance Analysis: Utilizing data-driven insights to measure sales performance, track key performance indicators (KPIs), and implementing data-based decision-making to achieve targets.
- Sales Process Optimization: Developing, optimizing, and continually measuring the sales process to enhance efficiency, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- Collaboration with Marketing: Collaborating with the marketing team to develop targeted marketing campaigns and sales collateral that effectively communicate the value proposition of Opala solutions. Developing pitch decks that enable you to use data and construct a powerful story that defines Opala’s value proposition, for presentation to C-level clients.
- Market Research: Staying updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to inform product development and sales strategies. Developing an operating calendar, detailed account plan/forecast and account planning/mapping process. Demonstrating a broad comprehension of the customer’s needs, market trends, industry challenges, major players, relevant products, and technologies.
- Contract Negotiation: Overseeing contract negotiation processes, ensuring favorable terms and conditions for both the company and clients.
- Reporting and Presentations: Providing regular updates on sales performance, forecasts, and market insights to the executive team and board of directors.
- Collaboration: Working well with and closely with internal partners including Leadership Team, Engineering, Product and Customer Success.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in a B2B (payers and/or providers) selling environment.
- Demonstrated success in achieving and surpassing sales quotas.
- Strong prospecting, cold calling, lead generation and closing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare sector, including an understanding of healthcare technology solutions and industry regulations.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data to drive strategic decision-making.
- Excellent communication and product presentation skills, includingeffectively engaging with clients, stakeholders, and senior leadership teams.
- Strategic thinker with an initiative-taking approach to problem-solving.
- Energy and passion for both teamwork and collaboration.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.