Senior Technical Product Manager
Product Management /
As Sr. Technical Product Manager at Opala, you will be responsible for working closely with a single-threaded Agile engineering team to deliver the services and functionality that enable us to build products our customers love.
Your primary role is to work with a Platform engineering team to deliver services, features, and other functionality to the other engineering teams within the company and extended to external customers. You will be working with Agile development teams, so demonstrated experience with Agile software development processes is a must.
You will need to prioritize your team’s work so that you are delivering the most valuable work first, based on discussions with engineering and product leadership. You will also be asked to coordinate with other Product Managers, other engineering teams, and company leadership to make sure that your team’s engineering decisions fit within the overall technical and product direction of the company.
In this role, you will be expected to contribute your knowledge and expertise to solve complex technical problems. You will be responsible for understanding your team’s work well enough to write user stories for and manage delivery of highly technical components, using the discipline of voice of customer to discover what the customer and market needs.
As Sr. Technical Product Manager, you will need to demonstrate your ability to dive deep and earn trust to influence and collaborate with your engineering counterparts and with stakeholders across the organization. You will be responsible for providing updates and presenting your team’s work to senior leadership.
The Seattle base salary range for this full-time position $155k-$200k and is determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, EAP, short-term and long-term disability, 16 days PTO, 8 paid holidays, fully paid holiday closure, parental and family medical leave, 401k, stock options and annual bonuses and salary increases based on merit.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering or technical product management
- Experience working within an Agile software development process
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technical products and services
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including the ability to present complex technical ideas and concepts to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Early-stage startup experience
- Ability to dive deep in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- Ability to lead product discovery, fail fast and de-risk the product by listening to customers and blending these insights with market research
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and regulatory environment
- Experience working with and/or designing APIs
- Experience working with and/or designing data platforms
- Our Mission is to collect, standardize and consolidate healthcare data to build a complete picture of patient health.
- Our Vision is to be the most trusted source of patient insights, radically improving healthcare.
- And our team values Integrity, Innovation, Inclusion and Excellence.
- At Opala, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. We encourage and value diverse perspectives and experiences, and we believe that they are essential for driving innovation and creating products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- As Sr. Technical Program Manager, we expect you to bring your unique experiences and perspectives to the role. We welcome candidates with diverse educational backgrounds, cultures, work experiences, and life experiences. We encourage you to share with us how your perspective will bring something valuable and unique to our product teams.
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.