Data Quality Assurance Engineer
Data Engineering & Science /
Opala is growing and adding an experienced Data Quality Assurance Engineer to our team. This Engineer will be responsible for creating test strategies and infrastructure for the data engineering team. The ideal candidate is experienced in the development of testing strategy, creation of detailed test plans, and execution of the test strategy to deliver high-quality data and ETL pipelines to production.
The Data QA Engineer works to enhance data quality and create process standards using effective test cases to consistently deliver high-quality data and products. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the QA needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of working to deliver value to our customers and internal teams by proactively discovering and preventing data issues.
-Our Mission is to collect, standardize and consolidate healthcare data to build a complete picture of patient health.
-Our Vision is to be the most trusted source of patient insights, radically improving healthcare.
-And our team values Integrity, Innovation, Inclusivity and Excellence.
The Seattle base salary range for this full-time position is $83k-$133k. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, EAP, short-term and long-term disability, 16 days PTO, 8 paid holidays, fully paid holiday closure, parental and family medical leave, 401k, stock options and annual bonuses and salary increases based on merit.
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement:
At Opala, we believe that diversity and inclusivity are critical to our success. We encourage and value diverse perspectives and experiences, and we believe that they are essential for driving innovation and creating products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Participate in Agile development cycle, help analyze requirements, develop testing strategies, and write manual and automated test scripts for new and existing functionality
- Monitor all development cycles, prepare test data, design, and execute test plans, and evaluate test results
- Collaborate with team members on automation concepts and contribute towards maintaining full test coverage
- Collaborate with data analysts and data engineers to refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services, UAT guidance, and coordinating QA resources internally and externally for the squad.
- Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance
- Identify areas for cross functional testing to improve overall quality and implement initiatives improving testing capability and efficiency
- 3+ years’ relevant data quality assurance engineering experience testing data and ETL pipelines
- 3+ years’ experience creating and automating test plans, generating test data, and performing data quality checks
- 3+ years’ experience in data SDET working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with a variety of file formats including CSV, JSON, XML and HL7
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other related disciplines, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with healthcare-specific standards (HL7, CCD, C-CDA, X12, FHIR, etc.)
- 2+ years working in healthcare IT
- 2+ years’ experience in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, C#, etc.
- Experience with test automation software such as Postman
- Skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process (CI/CD)
- Experience using PySpark (Databricks)
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.