Platform Software Architect
Opala is seeking Platform Software Architect, who will play an essential role across our organization, from the early stages of solution planning, analysis and design through implementations and operations. As a hands-on Platform Software Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing for our technology platform roadmap and features. You will work with engineers and other product owners to define release plans that meet critical business and technology objectives, while writing the code to deliver them.
-Our Mission is to collect, standardize and consolidate healthcare data to build a complete picture of patient health.
-Our Vision is to be the most trusted source of patient insights, radically improving healthcare.
-And our team values Integrity, Innovation, Inclusivity and Excellence.
The Seattle base salary range for this full-time position $166k-$188k and is determined by role, level, and location. In addition, we offer a competitive bonus/commission structure for this role. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, EAP, short-term and long-term disability, 16 days PTO, 8 paid holidays, fully paid holiday closure, parental and family medical leave, 401k, stock options and annual bonuses and salary increases based on merit.
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement:
At Opala, we believe that diversity and inclusivity are critical to our success. We encourage and value diverse perspectives and experiences, and we believe that they are essential for driving innovation and creating products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
- Define and implement reusable Enterprise platform and middleware capabilities and frameworks that will be leveraged by multiple external clients
- Conduct platform feature definition, backlog refinement, release planning, retrospectives as part of sprints leveraging Agile tools such as Jira
- Work cross-functionally to ensure requirements are captured, prioritized and communicated to appropriate groups
- Conduct system demos, proof of concepts, and guide development teams
- Hands-on experience with defining and launching Enterprise platforms that are built to be scalable, reliable and resilient platforms in production
- Conduct performance testing, setup operational monitoring services and dashboards to review availability, system issues jointly with operations teams
- Assist with hiring, onboarding and mentoring of new developers for your team
- Document features/functions of products and platforms for people/processes
- Experience with GIT, CI/CD and build and agile management tools like Jira
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and other containerization/orchestration tools
- Understanding and implementation of cloud native architectures (serverless or containers preferred) at scale in production
- Prior experience building out platform capabilities from scratch in a cloud environment
- Experience with secure coding practices (OWASP) and accessibility standards
- Creating and/or updating technical documentation with tools like Confluence and Swagger
- Solid understanding of industry standard authentication and authorization protocols like oAuth
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, from team members to senior management.
- RDBMS and SQL experience
- Experience working with and building enterprise-scale data platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills and expertise in data structures and algorithms
- Experience building scalable systems and architectures
- Server-side application development and cloud technologies
- Strong SOA experience along with implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- SMART on FHIR
- Healthcare Data Standards like FHIR, HL7, etc.
- Data platforms like Databricks
Opala is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.