Head of Financial Crime Compliance
Central Functions – Compliance & Risk /
OpenPayd is a leading global payments and banking-as-a-service platform for the digital economy. Through it’s API-driven technology, businesses can embed financial services into their products and create the seamless user experiences needed to drive business growth.
OpenPayd’s platform removes the need to contract with multiple providers for different services and across different markets. Instead, businesses can access accounts, FX, international and domestic payments, acquiring and Open Banking services globally via a single API integration. With licensing across the UK, Europe, Canada and others, OpenPayd is committed to providing businesses with a fully compliant solution across all markets, leaving your business to focus on growth.
Our mission is to power the growth of the digital economy through open, integrated payments and financial solutions. We believe that all businesses regardless of their scale or industry should be able to leverage the best payment and banking services. We believe in providing our services through a simple, flexible and scalable platform.
How are we building our teams?
We’re looking for self-starters who are experts in their fields and who are eager to learn new things. Our leadership places a high value on continuous development, both professional and personal. If you join the team, you'll experience a fun and thriving office culture, with perks and events throughout the year.
At OpenPayd we know diversity of thought is crucial for our team to flourish. That’s why we make sure diversity isn’t only considered when hiring, but is part of the process, with diverse hiring panels for every role. We are a workplace where everyone can come to work as themselves and be proud of who they are. Our team already speaks over 20 languages, and that number’s constantly growing. No matter where you’re from, we’ll do everything we can to make you feel at home. Our forums and inclusivity initiatives are designed to support our colleagues to share their ideas and give feedback on their experiences. And in all our offices we also offer flexible working arrangements.
How will you add value to the OpenPayd journey?
The Head of Financial Crime Compliance will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to prevent financial crime, including fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction screening. You will lead a team of professionals and collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure the company’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Your day-to-day will be:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive financial crime prevention program to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Lead the financial crime compliance team, providing direction, coaching, support and development opportunities
- Monitor financial transactions, customer behaviour, and other relevant data to detect and investigate potential financial crime activity
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners to facilitate effective financial crime prevention and risk mitigation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the company’s financial crime risks and develop plans to mitigate those risks
- Provide advice and guidance to the company’s business units on financial crime prevention matters
- Ensure that the company’s systems and controls for financial crime prevention are effective and efficient and comply with regulatory requirements
- Be able to stay up to date with changes in financial crime laws, regulations and industry standards and adapting monitoring strategies as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, such as law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and industry associations
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, law, or related area
- Professional qualification such as Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or International Compliance Association (ICA)
- At least 10 years of experience in financial crime compliance, with a strong understanding of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction risks
- At least 5 years of experience in a managerial or leadership role
- Knowledge of relevant UK and EU laws, regulations and industry best practices related to financial crime risks
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team of professionals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Our perks and benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Personal Training allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday
- Early 4pm finish on Fridays
- Multisport card sponsored
We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team
To all recruitment agencies: OpenPayd does not accept speculative agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, OpenPayd employees or any other company location. OpenPayd is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. OpenPayd will only accept CV's from the partners with relevant agreement via the People and Talent team only.