Director, Brand Partnerships
San Francisco, New York, or Remote /
Business Development /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
As the Director of Brand Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for bringing traditional companies across multiple verticals into the NFT space and ensuring their success on the OpenSea platform. You will lead end-to-end business development efforts leveraging your experience to drive business growth. You will thrive in this role if you are creative, discerning, structured, action-oriented, and excited by a fast-moving and innovative space.
- Lead our business development and strategy efforts across multiple verticals: identifying priority target companies, building key relationships, and negotiating multi-faceted partnerships
- Develop a deep understanding of OpenSea's platform and NFT ecosystem to effectively and creatively communicate the value proposition to potential partners
- Drive user and revenue growth through deals with companies, IP holders, and sponsors
- Grow relationships with existing partners to help them succeed and best leverage the OpenSea platform for their web3 activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful partnership execution including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Trust & Safety.
- Work with Product to develop tools and product features that address key unmet needs for the space
- Represent OpenSea at industry events, conferences and speaking engagements
- 8+ years of partnership and business development experience in 1-2 deep verticals (e.g. Sports, Fashion, CPG, Hospitality)
- Deep understanding of the intricacies, opportunities, challenges / limitations for key players in the space
- Strong existing network and relationships with key decision-makers
- Proven ability to think creatively, inspire brands, and close complex deals with high-profile partners in an autonomous fashion across verticals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to lead, persuade, and drive alignment among differing perspectives internally and externally
- Comfortability working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A positive and collaboration-first attitude with exceptional communication skills
- (Nice-to-Have) Demonstrated interest or professional experience in web3/crypto
- (Nice-to-Have) MBA preferred
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $190,000 - $250,000 plus benefits & equity.