San Francisco, New York or Remote /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #26 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
You will report directly to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player that is passionate about NFTs and blockchain technology and happiest in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
- Advise business teams in M&A transactions, venture investments, and other corporate development initiatives.
- Work closely with Corporate Development to manage all stages of acquisitions - from term sheets/initial documentation to close and post-closing integration.
- Identify and build new processes to better scale deal processes and execution.
- Work with outside counsel to drive complex transactions to the finish line quickly and strategically.
- 4+ years of legal experience (Counsel), 7+ years of legal experience (Associate General Counsel); 10+ years of legal experience (Director), preferably with high-growth tech company clients.
- Extensive experience with M&A transactions and private equity.
- Strong track record of effective cross-functional partnership with non-lawyers to align on creative solutions and close deals quickly.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas (e.g. BD support), as the need arises.
- Passion for crypto, blockchain technologies, and/or NFTs.
- Juris doctor from accredited law school.
- Member of a US state bar in good standing.