San Francisco, New York or Remote /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #26 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
We are looking for an individual to lead our Revenue Accounting team at a very exciting time of growth. Reporting into our Director of Accounting Operations, this role will be critical in building a world class accounting organization to support OpenSea’s growth and make an immediate impact on the business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is motivated by a fast-paced environment, adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities, and wants to do interesting work in a cutting-edge new industry.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly revenue accounting close processes, including preparation/review of journal entries, reconciliations, balance sheet and P&L variance analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting system and accounting operation processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to evaluate accuracy and completeness of data used in financial reporting, including review of partner contracts to ensure consistency with system and accounting results.
- Build and collaborate with cross-functional partners to operationalize and scale new areas of the business to facilitate streamlined accounting transactions as assigned.
- Assist in the design and implementation of controls and processes, including documentation of accounting processes and policies to identify risks and define mitigating procedures.
- Apply knowledge of ASC 606 to non-standard transactions and new product offerings, drafting memorandums on the technical accounting impacts.
- Provide support for external audits.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as needed.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field, CPA required.
- 8+ years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in the fintech/financial services industry with a mix of public/industry experience.
- Excellent analytical skills (MS Excel is a must), business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- SQL experience.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment, recommend and implement process improvements, hands-on, results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Growth mindset and are willing to quickly adapt and learn new things.
- Experience with consumer-facing products, blockchain or cryptocurrency, startup experience is a plus.