New York /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
Our Engineering team is seeking a bold, talented Test Engineer to drive holistic quality of the exciting full-stack features that power our marketplace. Highly-technical with analytical strength and an innovative-spirit to solve complex testing problems, you will be owning the overall quality and comprehensive test strategy of new products from ideation to full Production release. The influence and ownership you provide will help define the quality for one of the fastest growing NFT marketplaces.
What You'll Do
- Strategically introduce and optimize testing processes by defining testing standards and leading scalable solutions to testing bottlenecks
- Build a symbiotic relationship with developers and integrate closely with the product verticals to drive quality of new, trailblazing products while influencing proper automation coverage
- Design and develop innovative internal tooling to benefit precision, comprehensiveness, and velocity of testing
- Advocate for delightful experiences spanning our diverse spectrum of buyer, seller, creator, and developer
- Champion rigorous testing and quality as a culture across OpenSea
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Strong Engineer with manual and automation testing experience across modern technology stacks
- Impressive analytical and technical skills to identify and build powerful tooling and scalable test strategies that benefit overall product quality and velocity
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to build tight partnerships with Development, Product, and Design
- Collaborative when working across project verticals and independent when navigating ambiguity of assigned deliverables with minimal supervision