Data Scientist Lead, Trust and Safety
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced data expert - Data Scientist, Data Analyst - to join our Trust and Safety engineering organization. If you are enthusiastic about earning users’ trust, and have experience in the adversarial data analysis domain, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will build the foundational data solutions for OpenSea’s Trust and Safety challenges. You will apply your data skills to protect the NFT ecosystem. You will collaborate closely with our Engineering, Product, Policy, Operations.
- Surface data insights to guide the company's Trust and Safety investment
- Create, standardize, and improve metrics reporting, and launch experimentation
- Evaluate and improve detection models, optimize human review process, track end-to-end T&S system data quality
- Intake abuse intelligence, identify new abuse patterns, prototype new methodologies
- Collaborate with XFN stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Scientist, Analyst, Machine Learning, or equivalent roles
- Experience in adversarial domains like abuse/fraud/spam prevention, anomaly detection, finance risk management, trust and safety
- Proven record of generating insight from in-depth data analysis
- Exposure to ML model development and data pipeline framework
- Growth-minded, data and impact-driven
- Thrive in a collaborative XFN environment
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Team leadership experience (Big plus)
- Web3 ecosystem experience
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $145,000 - $255,000 plus benefits & equity.