Platform Partnerships Manager
San Francisco, New York, or Remote /
Business Development /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
We are looking for a Platform Partnerships Manager to make OpenSea the preferred NFT marketplace for Creator Platforms and Sharing Platforms (e.g. Twitter). In this role you will shape OpenSea’s platform partnership strategy, negotiate and sign deals with platforms that result in deep product integrations and drops on the OpenSea platform, and work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure deals are properly executed. The candidate we are looking for has an adept ability to build relationships, demonstrate analytical rigor, and approach deals with creativity.
What You’ll Do
- Map out OpenSea platforms strategy using market trends and analytical rigor to identify executable platform partnership opportunities that further OpenSea’s goals
- Develop relationships with target platforms and sell a partnership vision with creativity, empathy, and conviction—you will be expected to learn the technical elements of NFTs to have the majority of these conversations without constant product support
- Negotiate deals with vigor to achieve an optimal outcome for OpenSea, knowing when to have the courage to say no and the wisdom to say yes
- Develop cross functional relationships with colleagues across Marketing, Customer support, Legal, and Engineering—you will be expected to understand how to redline a contract, clearly articulate how they can help you execute a deal, and be able to evaluate how your ask might be prioritized relative to other requests from the Business Development team
- Work closely with a Partner Manager to ensure the deal is properly executed—providing support both internally and externally on areas to improve the deal, or on items that are not being completed on time or in a manner that falls short of expectations
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Have a proven track record of evaluating and negotiating deals
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to both operate within the structure of a large company and also manage the chaos of a rapidly growing start up
- An ability to utilize data to provide actionable insights and ensure we’re driving toward the best possible outcome for OpenSea and our partners
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade/drive alignment among differing perspectives
Nice to Have
- Have worked in the Crypto or NFT space, or at a platform company