Software Engineer, Frontend
San Francisco or Remote /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
In this role, you will be working closely with Product, Design, and the rest of Engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller and creator experiences with relentless focus on performance, scale, and finesse. You will be working on the core web product helping scale the web platform to a global audience. You will be leading large initiatives to drastically improve web performance, build i18n infrastructure, A/B testing infrastructure and several accessible UI primitives. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You'll Do
- Identify & improve web performance bottlenecks
- Support and execute complex web platform efforts including accessibility, internationalization involving many engineers
- Provide technical mentorship to peers
- Enable easier web development for peers
- Implement the features and user interfaces of OpenSea web
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 4+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business