Senior Product Designer
New York, Bay Area or Remote /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we've also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business. We are also proud of the support & guidance we get from our partners that include Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation and Blockchain Capital.
At OpenSea, we know it's critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
In this role you will be working closely with the Head of Design, Head of Product, and a group of talented engineers. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help build out our marketplace; continuing to improve the user flows for both our creators and collectors and designing solutions to help our users connect and communicate with each other. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
You might be a good fit if you:
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Advocate and implement high-quality, well-crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading both large and small projects
- A plus, if you have experience and/or is passionate in ecommerce and/or the blockchain
Here are some projects you would work on:
- Rethinking the structure of the marketplace to improve and refine the navigation and discovery experience for the user
- Designing a delightful experiences where buyers and sellers to communicate and connect with each other
- Managing our design system