New York, Bay Area or Remote /
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we've also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business. We are also proud of the support & guidance we get from our partners that include Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation and Blockchain Capital.
At OpenSea, we know it's critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are looking for an engineering manager who is passionate about people growth, novel technical challenges and organizational development. This is an opportunity to help continue to build our marketplace that will support our growth over the next decade and beyond. In this role you will support, mentor and assist our product engineering team in solving problems within blockchain that haven't been tackled before.
- Working with a direct team as well as cross functional partners to drive short & long term strategy.
- Close partnership with senior leadership team assisting with, but not limited to, high level technical challenges, engineering initiatives, prioritization of work, organizational design & company strategy.
- Leading teams and projects resulting in positive results with little guidance or that were ambiguous in their nature.
- Creating roadmaps with clear project goals, deliverables, expectations and timelines for teams.
- Driving continuous improvements in efficiencies for direct team and company.
- Recruiting to scale the direct team as well as OpenSea a whole.
- Measuring the impact of your team, communication of the results and iterating strategy to improve future success.
- Experienced supporting, growing and motivating a product engineering team of 4 people or more.
- Experienced in hands-on software development as well as managing and solving novel technical problems.
- Highly technical in a product domain as well as a proven track record of being an effective & thoughtful people manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong business and technical acumen.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment.