Sr. Software Engineer
Osano is hiring an innovative + experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and help build out our enterprise platform. The ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with experience developing modern web applications and mentoring other engineers as they develop impactful solutions in the data privacy space.
Sound like your bread + butter? Keep reading!
Osano is an Austin area, venture-backed startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp), which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented, and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
- Build new features into Osano’s consent manager (CMP) product to increase value for our customers and help safeguard web user privacy.
- Triage issues involving browser behavior with evolving web standards.
- Develop web service APIs that are either customer-facing or built to support our internal web applications.
- Build queries and create data structures using various data storage technologies, such as relational, graph, and document store databases.
- Provide infrastructure + architectural designs and feedback for new system services and capabilities.
- Develop web applications against modern web service APIs (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, customer success managers, and other engineers to efficiently deliver software solutions.
- Work alongside + mentor other engineers to elevate our technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Be ready to grow through self-initiated learning + company-driven programs.
- You’re a fullstack developer with 4+ years’ experience, preferably working with SaaS web applications.
- You’re familiar with modern API design + implementation𑁋RESTful APIs and relational databases. You also have experience working with AWS Compute Services (EC2, S3, Lamdbda, or others) + monitoring tools (CloudWatch or Grafana).
- You have experience designing data structures, querying relational, non-relational databases, and as well as databases, such as: PostgressSQ, DynamoDB, Neo4j, and AWS Neptune.
- You bring hands-on experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks (Cypress or Jest) as well as Scrum/Agile/XP development methodologies.
- You’ve worked with technologies like git version control, various modern front-end frameworks, and cloud infrastructure services (GitHub Actions, AWS CodePipeline or CodeBuild).
- You have some experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) using Terraform and/or CloudFormation.
- You thrive in a remote environment. For us, that means being curious, proactively communicating, and bringing ingenuity and initiative every day.
- You’re always looking to improve and help other engineers improve via mentorship.
- You enjoy challenging puzzles and bring flexibility + creativity to solving problems.
- Lastly, you enjoy learning + exploring new problems and technologies while teaching + sharing knowledge with others.
- A well-defined career path that’s not just “climbing the ladder” - learn different competencies, skills, and concepts as you progress and get recognized for it.
- Supportive leadership and peers - from sales engineering and product marketing to sales development and demand generation - you’re never in this alone.
- You’ll be stepping into a space that’s on fire – worth $2.36 billion in 2022, with an expected CAGR of 40.8% between 2022 and 2029. (Wait until you hear about our growth rate!)
- You’ll become a privacy expert, including the opportunity to receive your Certified Information Privacy credential.
- You’ll be representing a product that makes prospects say, “This is so awesome” when you demo it.
- We’re a Great Place to Work for the second year in a row, with 98% of employees saying it’s a great place to work.
- Fair-pay compensation (provided below) and ownership interest/equity!
- Unlimited paid time off + a requirement to take at least two weeks off per year.
- We're a Best Place for Working Parents and offer paid parental leave for all new parents + we believe that family (however you define it) always comes first.
- Osano sponsors individual premiums at 100% and dependent premiums at 50% for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance via Aetna.
- A fully + permanently remote company so you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a Macbook + $1,000 to craft your home workspace
- Annual company trip designed to foster connection, creativity, and having fun!
- Mental health benefits with free memberships to mindfulness + talk therapy services
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect stock options + your annual compensation to be somewhere between $140,000 and $160,000 upon joining the company.
A bit more about Osano
We're an easy solution to data privacy laws! Osano is a data privacy platform that instantly helps websites become compliant with laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Osano works to keep companies out of trouble and monitors all of the vendors they share data with – so they don't have to.
At Osano, we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you don't exactly meet all of the below requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. If you're interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, say hi!
Osano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, neurodiversity, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify and we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or SSA before taking adverse action against you. We value what makes us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interviewing process inclusive and comfortable. You’ll have an opportunity to request accommodation before your first interview.