Head of People
San Francisco, CA /
There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
- Lead and own entire function related to talent, people development, culture, and HR to help us scale from 20 to 40 to 80 and beyond
- Be the steward helping us to nurture our unique culture, provide the best possible employee experience, and maintain our 5-star Glassdoor rating!
- Be a trusted leader, working closely with the co-founders and executive team to design and implement the company's people strategy to optimize growth, productivity, and engagement with all employees
- Quarterback our talent needs and build an all-star team of recruiters. Implement hiring processes that will support our hypergrowth
- Help us continue to foster our culture of feedback, growth, and transparency via managing the performance review and feedback cycles
- Be a coach to everyone in the org: leadership, managers, and the entire team. Lend your ear, experience, and tools to help with people-related issues and policies across the company
- Ensure a top-notch employee experience covering onboarding, career development, compensation, employee benefits, and more
- Develop organization-wide metrics related to hiring goals, employee NPS, and more to measure the health of our organization
- 8+ years of HR business partner or generalist experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system that permeates into the culture you want to build
- Willingness to work locally out of our office in San Francisco by 2022! (We will be in the office 2-3 days a week long-term)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Management experience: you've built and led a team
- You have been in People/People Ops at companies that have grown anywhere from 20 to 100 and are excited to bring just the right amount of structure to our org!
- You have vast technical recruiting experience given how important scaling will be for of our business!
What we offer
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup. Our philosophy is to set team members up for career and personal growth
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3-1/2 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those needing to move to San Francisco (Fall 2021 return to office)
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.