Software Engineer (Mexico)
Guadalajara or Mexico City Remote /
Osmind is the premier platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. Today, mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of death worldwide, especially among young adults, and are tied to shortening lifespans. While there have been developments in new psychiatric medications since the first FDA approval in 1954, today there is a growing movement among clinicians, patients, and researchers who are recognizing the need to accelerate new science.
The Osmind treatment platform is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by neuropsychiatric clinics, spanning general psychiatry and interventional psychiatry (transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine, SPRAVATO®, psychedelic medicine, electroconvulsive therapy). The core electronic health record (EHR) technology is precisely developed for interventional treatment workflows and designed to support a strong therapeutic alliance, including journaling tools and assistance with health plan reimbursement, which is a significant access hurdle for millions of patients.
Research from our platform is already helping to set new standards for mental health interventions. For example, in the largest published real-world analysis of ketamine infusion therapy for depression, we teamed up with Stanford University School of Medicine to share findings in the Journal of Affective Disorders (March 2022). We have multiple ongoing research studies leveraging our proprietary real-world data, including an even larger ketamine analysis leveraging machine learning to predict treatment outcomes.
Osmind is a San Francisco–based public benefit corporation led by scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists. We are backed by top investors including DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, and Y Combinator.
We are a series B funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.)
Osmind is looking for highly motivated engineers who are excited to work with a small team and grow their technical skills! You will be working on a ReactJS, React Native (Expo), and Node.JS/AWS backend framework, with an eye for clean frontend design across our web and mobile applications.
Our engineers are excited to work with a small team and are comfortable taking ownership of building modular features across our stack, from design to production.
We love engineers that are highly communicative and are able to work across different stacks and learn by doing. Your work will have a huge impact on the evolution of our product and growing our engineering culture.
What you'll do
- Projected Division of Responsibilities: 70% contributing code / 30% collaborating with stakeholders.
- Builder: Leverage a self-starter mindset by taking a product concept and building the feature end to end. Contribute to feature initiatives spanning all parts of our stack, ranging from frontend redesigns to building tools for data insights.
- Product thinking: Work with Product and Engineering leadership to scope new features and plan the engineering roadmap
- Continuous Learning: Be a flexible contributor, learning new skills as required and solving a wide variety of engineering challenges in different areas.
- Operational Practices: Help set operational best practices and tech standards as we rapidly scale our user base.
- Engineering Culture: Contribute to improving and building a considerate and inclusive engineering culture.
- Our tech stack: React and React Native (Expo), Serverless Framework, Postgres DB, AWS Lambda, Node.JS.
- 3+ years of full-stack software development experience building end to end features in a complex web system
- 2+ years of frontend experience working with React or similar frontend frameworks
- 2+ years of backend experience working with relational databases
- Interest in improving mental healthcare and the patient journey
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working on HIPAA-compliant applications in the healthcare space
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Postgrew, MongoDB, or similar
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Osmind is a public benefit corporation and platform for clinicians and researchers advancing new life-saving mental health treatments. We recently published our first Public Benefit Report that chronicles how our team of scientists, technologists, and psychiatrists have been working to help solve the worldwide mental health crisis, advance responsible innovation and research, and help ensure robust access to care for patients of all backgrounds. Read the report here: https://www.osmind.org/pbc.