San Francisco, CA /
There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are looking for our first Engineering Manager to lead our product-focused team. In just one year of launch, we've rapidly scaled our product and our engineering team has been quickly growing. As our first EM, you will report directly into our VP Engineering and help set the precedent for engineering management at Osmind.
- Lead the team responsible for feature development of our Electronic Health Record. Collaborate with Product on scoping out and delegating tasks to ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of our product roadmap
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers. You will serve as a mentor and technical advisor, providing advice on everything from code reviews to 1-1s to career development discussions
- Ensure that the team is following our engineering practices including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, scalability, and security
- Set up and manage processes necessary to operate the team effectively and measure success
- Work with our VP Engineering and in-house recruiter to recruit and close other A-player engineers
- Provide your voice into improving our engineering organization and overall company as a whole
- 6+ years software engineering experience, with minimum 2 years of management experience
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate teams to produce high quality software
- Deep understanding of our languages/frameworks and data structures: Typescript, NodeJS, Python; though you won't have to code every day
- Startup experience (Series C or earlier), demonstrating that you can thrive in our fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Willingness to work locally out of our office in San Francisco for 2-3 days a week once COVID is over! (Relocation provided)
- Experience in regulated industries (e.g. finance or healthcare)
- Expert engineering recruiter (personally responsible for hiring 2+ engineers in the past)
- Experience managing remote teams
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those needing to move to San Francisco (Fall 2021 return to office)
Some candidates may see the list above and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we’ve missed! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.