What we do
Pave is building a Cashflow API that allows fintech developers and data scientists to connect their data sources and retrieve clean & unified insights into their consumers’ spending habits, bills, earnings profile, and account health.
We're abstracting the data cleaning and transformation efforts necessary to get a single view of a consumer’s finances so that fintech companies can rapidly build budgeting features, recommendations engines, risk models, and more.
We believe that by lowering the friction of extracting financial insights from the growing number of data sources, we can help accelerate the development of innovative and inclusive financial products. We’re on a mission to enable builders to reinvent and lower the cost of financial services.
There are a growing number of companies helping people gain access to digital financial services, whether it’s low-interest loans, payment installment solutions, integrated insurance offerings, fee-less banking, personalized budgeting, wage advances, or investment solutions.
We believe financial services will exist for every consumer segment, especially underserved segments including female professionals, refugee communities, creators, immigrants, retirees, gig workers, and so forth. We are not original in this thought - this is already happening.
Building equitable financial services for underserved consumer segments requires expensive resources, infrastructure, and analysis into new types of datasets. However, the cost to clean, transform, and analyze these new datasets is high, and every company is forced to do the same bespoke work on the same data sources. This is significant time and cost, and impeding the mission around expanding financial inclusion.
We're 3x founders with a history of launching successful data products, and we're partnered with awesome fintech investors including Bessemer Ventures, Village Global, Better Tomorrow Ventures, 8VC, and execs from Coinbase, Chime, and Sofi.
At Pave, you will have the opportunity to develop the foundational systems, tools, and processes the next generation of fintech startups are being built upon. We’re constructing the insights layer that lives between raw fintech data sources and the applications ingesting them.
We’re looking for an experienced fullstack engineer who’s excited to collaborate closely with our rapidly growing product and engineering teams. You’ll be expected to work quickly as we build, improve, and push new features. We’re working on a modern stack and leverage industry best practices to deploy multiple times per day and go through fast iterations on our product. From day one, you will be establishing best practices and setting the direction of our codebase as we grow.
We’re a 10 person team of hungry, mission driven individuals bent on leveling the playing field of financial services. We’re a small team (though not for long!) looking for someone with strong programming skills to have an active hand in defining our company’s culture. You’ll be a great fit if:
Some initiatives you will help lead:
- Own the implementation of features in our developer portal and support the backend required to power our API.
- Work in a modern Python backend (we’re using FastAPI!) and React frontend across the stack.
- Serve as a steward of good user experience. You will help ensure that the interfaces we present to our developers are efficient, understandable, and spark joy!
- Push to maintain our high technical bar by participating in code reviews and design discussions to affirm that we're applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
- Drive to develop a deeper understanding of our users. Figure out what tools and features would help them improve the financial experiences for their customers. This understanding will contextualize and inform our development roadmap and the endpoints we’ll build!
You'll be a great fit if:
- You’re a team player, always ready to review pull requests and give feedback
- You’re a self-starter who is eager to ship code
- You’re excited to be involved in all aspects of the product
- You’re scrappy! You love proactively finding solutions to problems and you’ve got a get-it-done mindset
At Pave, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Who else is on the team?
Where is Pave located?
We’re building a fully remote team!
How are you funded?