Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.
You may have heard that Pequity is looking for a Software Engineer. Someone who is excited about scaling and developing a platform to support customers such as Instacart, Scale AI, Trusted Health and May Mobility.
Well, your name came up. People mentioned that you have the technical expertise to build and maintain services leveraging cutting-edge technologies to make an immediate impact in optimizing theirs. You have an uncanny ability to collaborate with others, regardless of title, to drive cross-team technical and process improvements. You too believe that the limits others set for you are just the next milestone. You value other’s unique opinions and can respect different lifestyles, while still pushing and being pushed to grow. That’s exactly what we need.
What is Pequity?
We’re on a mission to create equal pay and opportunity for all. Pequity helps your team compensate with confidence - by building your pay programs using data-driven compensation software.
What would a day in the life look like?
- Responsible for creating web application features that will delight our Pequity pack of customers.
- Developing scalable, high performance and maintainable code with the latest tech stack, and helping review others code on the team.
- Work with web technologies built on Web, database, and caching technologiesTune application performance while working cross functionally with other members of the globally dispersed teamExperience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and work with the team to grow and explore. We aren’t expecting you to know everything! You’ll be spending a lot of time in Vue.js and Django
What signals we are looking for (we’re always flexible):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience preferred, though not required.
- Industry experience in software development. (Minimum of 1 year, additional experience highly valued.)
- A collaborative and intellectually curious approach to software development. You enjoy learning from and teaching others, and aren’t afraid of asking lots of questions.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Excellent software development habits: object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, etc.
- A hands-on attitude and a willingness to get things done.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically to contribute to product solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively across regional boundaries.
- Excellent product design sense and analytical thinking skills.
Interested?We'd love to hear from you. Apply or say hi @ firstname.lastname@example.org!
Pequity is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pequity does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status. Pequity also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Lastly, if you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read all the words we wrote - we can't wait to hear from you.