Sales Development Representative
Sales & Growth /
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by.
You may have heard that Pequity is looking for a high energy, dynamic & tenacious Sales Development Representative (SDR) to provide pre-sales support on our team. Someone excited to identify and generate sales opportunities through primarily outbound activities.
Well, your name came up. People mentioned that you work well with early-stage teams, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed but informative two-way phone, e-mail & social conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated. You know how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. You understand this role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following. You could report on qualification and call activity in your sleep, and are happy to stay thoroughly informed on all new products and the compensation industry in general. That’s exactly what we need.
What is Pequity?
We’re on a mission to create equal pay and opportunity for all. Pequity helps your team compensate with confidence - by building your pay programs using data-driven compensation software.
What a day in the life would look like:
- Promote business through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails, messages and communication to prospective clients
- Schedule Initial Prospecting Meetings for the sales team
- Provide in depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research
- Meet or exceed assigned outreach quota
- Work with sales leadership to support the acquisition of new accounts in the region
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events / conferences
- Maintain all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Hubspot
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Act as sales support for the growth team as needed
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
What signals we’re looking for (we’re flexible)
- 1+ years of progressively responsible marketing, inside sales or business development related sales experience (preferred)
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product selling points via phone and email
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic; acts without being told what to do
- Knowledge of core sales tools: Hubspot, RocketReach, LinkedIn, Visitortrack, Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables.
- The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on compensation in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
Pequity is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pequity does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status. Pequity also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Lastly, if you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read all the words we wrote - we can't wait to hear from you.