4.5. R&D Chemist
Phoenix Tailings – Other /
Full Time /
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Who are we looking for:
As an R&D Chemist, you will play a crucial role in the research and development of various processes, products, and applications. This position requires a strong background in chemistry, metallurgy, and materials science, along with a passion for innovation and problem-solving. Your work will contribute to the development of new metal alloys, production processes, and quality improvements.
- Research and Development: Conduct research to develop and optimize metal alloys, coatings, and other materials to meet specific performance, cost, and quality requirements.
- Materials Analysis: Utilize various analytical techniques, such as spectroscopy, microscopy, and chemical tests, to analyze and characterize materials and their properties.
- Process Improvement: Improve existing metal production processes to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and ensure product quality meets industry standards.
- Quality Control: Develop and implement quality control protocols and tests to ensure the consistency and quality of metal products.
- Product Development: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop new metal-based products or applications that meet market demands and industry trends.
- Testing and Validation: Design and perform experiments to validate the performance and durability of metal materials in different conditions and applications.
- Data Analysis: Analyze research data, interpret results, and prepare reports to present findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure that all research and development activities comply with safety regulations and industry standards.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of experimental procedures, results, and methodologies for future reference and patent applications if applicable.
- Collaboration: Work closely with engineers, technicians, and other scientists to achieve project goals, and collaborate with external partners or research institutions when necessary.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in chemistry, metallurgy, materials science, or a related field. A Master's or Ph.D. may be preferred for more senior positions.
- Strong knowledge of chemistry, materials science, and metallurgy.
- Familiarity with various analytical instruments and techniques used in materials analysis.
- Experience in metal manufacturing, research, or product development is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of safety protocols and compliance with relevant regulations.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).