Sr. Financial Analyst
Woburn, MA /
Phoenix Tailings – 3. Operations /
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. Each year, the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Using our proprietary novel technology, Phoenix Tailings eliminates this harmful waste from the environment and sustainably creates valuable new materials used in next-generation technologies.
The foundation of Phoenix Tailings emerged from a group of friends’ backyard conversations about fixing the broken system of metals production. Today, Phoenix Tailings is one of the top sustainability startups in the world, pioneering zero-waste mining . With funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has made significant progress on our clean mining mission.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world – and we’re looking for those people to join us! This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and cutting-edge environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created. If you share our relentless pursuit of a better future, a passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, Phoenix is the place for you!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel extraction and refining processing techniques and technologies for critical materials that power clean technologies with zero waste and no carbon emissions.
Learn More: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a hands-on financial expert with a technical background to build techno-economic models and complete economic evaluations of facilities, technology, and production.
What you will do:
- Own and build the economic analysis of the technology as it scales with input from the technology team.
- Engage the technical team and lead the development of economic analyses for new and existing projects.
- Coach the technical team on how to think financially on new projects.
- Support the financial management, analysis, reporting, and forecasting for Phoenix Tailings, as well as strategize ways to improve the company's economic performance.
- Assist in preparing materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis.
- Prefer candidates with start-up experience.
- Industry experience in defense, auto, chemicals, mining, or metals preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM.
- MS in Finance or MBA. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Deep understanding of both science and finance.
- Have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up.
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them.
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources.
- Honestly - if you are a hustler and willing to take feedback quickly, learn and work hard, you will do excellent here.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).