Woburn, MA /
Phoenix Tailings – 4. Business Development /
About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry produces over 200 billion tons of tailings, a waste that comes from global mining operations. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to eliminate this environmentally harmful waste from the environment while sustainably extracting valuable materials.
What started as an ambitious project to demonstrate the ability to clean up mine tailings, from the garage of our MIT graduates, Phoenix Tailings is now a fast-growing startup that is modernizing the mining industry with its sustainable extraction technology. Phoenix has demonstrated its technology to work at the lab scale and is heading into early pilot stages. We are eager and looking to accelerate this growth by bringing on talented and hard-working people with an ambition to change the world.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUqZr2wKX4
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar Founder's Associate to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Founder's Associate will be responsible for supporting key projects including recruiting, marketing, and business development.
The Founder's Associate will be a critical member of the founding team, working closely with the CEO to solve the largest problems facing Phoenix Tailings on a daily basis.
Even though this role reports to the CEO, you will be a trusted resource for all members of the team.
What you will do:
- Ensure every project gets completed to perfection - this is the key role of the business associate, and why they are so important
- Work with CEO to build and manage hiring pipelines for strategic candidates
- Design marketing collateral including pitch decks
- Engage PR agencies, draft press releases
- Work with COO to build critical supply chain infrastructure for R&D testing
- Evaluate vendors and build key relationships
What you have:
- Extensive startup experience with successful hardware, materials science, mining, or industrial startups required
- Demonstrated ability to succeed under aggressive timelines with limited resources
- Experience building hiring pipelines and sourcing candidates
- Extremely talented networker with a demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships
- Highly detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding English communication skills both written and verbal
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Management
- MBA Preferred
- Science or Engineering background preferred
- Demonstrated oral and communication skills in the English language and ability to communicate effectively with the public
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and 50% for additional members.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, exciting, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).