Woburn, MA /
Phoenix Tailings – 5. Internships and Co-op's /
About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry produces over 200 billion tons of tailings, a waste that comes from global mining operations. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to eliminate this environmentally harmful waste from the environment while sustainably extracting valuable materials.
What started as an ambitious project to demonstrate the ability to clean up mine tailings, from the garage of our MIT graduates, Phoenix Tailings is now a fast-growing startup that is modernizing the mining industry with its sustainable extraction technology. Phoenix has demonstrated its technology to work at the lab scale and is heading into early pilot stages. We are eager and looking to accelerate this growth by bringing on talented and hard-working people with an ambition to change the world.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJUqZr2wKX4
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a Rockstar co-op to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the VP of Partnerships & Co-Founder of Phoenix, the Entrepreneurship Co-op will be a critical member supporting the commercial development of the startup. They will have a fully immersive experience about what it is like to build an enterprise from the ground up. By the end of the internship, the student will have all of the knowledge they need to launch their own endeavor or with Phoenix and will have played a key in pursuing our vision of a Zero Waste World.
Even though this role reports to the VP of Partnerships, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Create & design pitch decks for customers
- Conduct market research and information gathering
- Consolidate data to create reports and presentations
- Support business model development
- Source new customers and opportunities
- Support in navigating government relationships, sourcing & writing grants, and any other opportunity that arises for the advancement of the business
- Assist business team with other ad-hoc tasks as required
What you have:
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Honestly - if you are a hustler, and willing to take feedback quickly, learn and work hard, you will do excellent here
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and 50% for additional members.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, exciting, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).