Business Development Co-op
Woburn, MA /
Phoenix Tailings – 5. Internships and Co-op's /
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. Each year, the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Using our proprietary novel technology, Phoenix Tailings eliminates this harmful waste from the environment and sustainably creates valuable new materials used in next-generation technologies.
The foundation of Phoenix Tailings emerged from a group of friends’ backyard conversations about fixing the broken system of metals production. Today, Phoenix Tailings is one of the top sustainability startups in the world, pioneering zero-waste mining . With funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has made significant progress on our clean mining mission.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world – and we’re looking for those people to join us! This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and cutting-edge environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created. If you share our relentless pursuit of a better future, a passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, Phoenix is the place for you!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel extraction and refining processing techniques and technologies for critical materials that power clean technologies with zero waste and no carbon emissions.
Learn More: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar co-op to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the VP of Partnerships & Co-Founder of Phoenix, the Entrepreneurship Co-op will be a critical member supporting the commercial development of the startup. They will have a fully immersive experience about what it is like to build an enterprise from the ground up. By the end of the co-op, the student will have all of the knowledge they need to launch their own endeavor or with Phoenix and will have played a key in pursuing our vision of a Zero Waste World.
Even though this role reports to the VP of Partnerships, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
What you will do:
- Create & design pitch decks for customers
- Conduct market research and information gathering
- Consolidate data to create reports and presentations
- Support business model development
- Source new customers and opportunities
- Support in navigating government relationships, sourcing & writing grants, and any other opportunity that arises for the advancement of the business
- Assist business team with other ad-hoc tasks as required
What you have:
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities for the business
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Honestly - if you are a hustler, and willing to take feedback quickly, learn and work hard, you will do excellent here
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).