8.1. Supply Chain Co-op (June 2024)
Phoenix Tailings – 8. Co-Ops/Internships /
Full Time /
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. Each year, the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Using our proprietary novel technology, Phoenix Tailings eliminates this harmful waste from the environment and sustainably creates valuable new materials used in next-generation technologies.
The foundation of Phoenix Tailings emerged from a group of friends’ backyard conversations about fixing the broken system of metals production. Today, Phoenix Tailings is one of the top sustainability startups in the world, pioneering zero-waste mining. With funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has made significant progress on our clean mining mission.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world – and we’re looking for those people to join us! This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and cutting-edge environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created. If you share our relentless pursuit of a better future, a passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, Phoenix is the place for you!
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Learn more: Here
Who we are looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a rockstar co-op to join our team in Burlington. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Supply Chain Co-op will be a critical member supporting every aspect of the business. They will have a fully immersive experience about what it is like to build a startup from the ground up, with a key emphasis on building supply chains and supporting the scale-up of deep technology.
Even though this role reports to the COO, you will be a trusted resource for all team members.
- Design supply chain processes to for consistent and timely delivery
- Build budgets to deliver on project targets
- Collaborate with engineers to identify appropriate equipment and materials for R&D applications
- Source and procure equipment within project budgets
- Negotiate, build and manage relationships with strategic vendors
- Develop and execute on project plans to ensure minimal downtime
- Manage key projects and engage stakeholders to ensure success
- Assist operations team with other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Highly motivated to succeed and have a strong work ethic to back it up
- Excited to take the initiative and find new opportunities to increase business efficiency
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Excel within a team environment and motivate others around them
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and extract relevant information from technical sources
- Excited about new learning opportunities and resolving challenges that come up
- Dedication and perseverance to see tasks through to completion
- Pursuing an MBA
- Undergraduate degree in STEM
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).