Senior Finance Executive/ Finance Associate
Bangalore, Karnataka /
Accounting and Finance – Accounting and Finance /
Inclusive Finance for Emerging Markets.
Pillow exists to accelerate economic opportunities in emerging and frontier markets.
Nearly 3B users across Africa, LatAm, and South East Asia are deprived of foundational financial services that are taken for granted in North America, EU, and India/China. In addition, many of these markets struggle with complex socioeconomic and policy challenges, ranging from inflation and devaluation to third/unregulated markets for securities and forex, which further accentuates the need for access to global economic opportunities.
Our mission is to become the default platform for access to global assets across emerging and frontier markets. We develop and distribute financial services, for these markets by leveraging both trad-fi and digital asset technology rails, collaborating with globally accredited financial institutions, and building highly engaged local communities around financial literacy.
This mission has enabled us to solve real financial challenges in markets such as Nigeria for thousands of people.
Pillow is backed and trusted by reputed investors including Accel, Elevation Capital, Quona, Jump Capital, and others, who have collectively invested over $21 mn across our Seed and Series A rounds, additionally bringing expertise in fintech, digital assets, and consumer product building.
Pillow’s stellar team members operate on a high degree of freedom and ownership. We believe in setting a fair, transparent, performance-driven culture that incentivizes you to be your best.
Pillow exists with a goal to accelerate economic opportunities in emerging and frontier markets. We are currently looking for a senior finance executive/ finance associate to manage all financial transactions, including invoice booking, payments, income accruals and assistance in finalising the books of accounts timely. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in same field and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. The responsibilities shall include providing accurate financial information while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinates and processes the day to day payments on behalf of the company including accounts payable, employee expenses and payroll;
- Ensures all payments have been distributed to authorisers and submitted before the relevant cut off times.
- Monitors the bank accounts for rejected payments/account balances. Acts as a point of contact between the bank and the business with regards to payments processed.
- Maintains all prepaid/post paid credit cards within the company and issue any new applications to the bank;
- Ensures bank signatories are updated in a timely manner and acts as keeper of the bank mandate files;
- Assists with the preparation of cash flow forecasts and liaises with treasury counterparts to ensure the efficient and effective management of cash and liquidity;
- Assists in Payroll data and payroll payments including employee reimbursements;
- Payment Gateway accounting and loading funds on time for withdrawals.
- Ensure PG reconciliations and provide timely report;
- Ensures and maintains strict confidentiality over employee data and proprietary company information, ensuring full compliance with Data Protection
What are we looking for in this role?
- At least 3 years of prior experience as a finance executive in an Indian startup or FMCG Company in India
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Semi qualified CA (passed inter CA at least) preferred
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted
- Willing to learn about financial systems beyond just India
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
At Pillow, we’re looking for highly adaptable individuals with passion and ownership of their roles. We recommend you try your hand and apply for this position even if your experience doesn’t match the entirety of the description. Your skills will stand out and set you apart from the rest if you’ve had your share of twists and turns that challenge the norms. Join us!