Machine Learning Engineer
CURRENT OPENINGS /
Plainsight streamlines vision AI for enterprises with new ways to analyze, share and benefit from valuable visual information. Solving problems where others have failed, Plainsight helps the world’s most innovative customers realize the potential of their data through smart, easy to use, effective solutions. Our intuitive, low-code platform gives every team across organizations the ability to build, manage, and operationalize solutions. With actionable insights and unblinking accuracy, Plainsight powers enterprise-ready applications to automate processes, mitigate risk, enhance product portfolios, and increase revenue opportunities. For more information, visit plainsight.ai.
You would join our Innovation team, which develops machine learning capabilities (primarily computer vision) used throughout the company and by our professional services clients.
Your day-to-day would involve working with Solution Architects and other engineers to build models that meet client needs. You would write and review code for training, inference, data processing, deployment, and other related tasks. You would develop data collection and model performance assessment strategies and perform model training. You would make use of (and add to) our collection of ML development and analysis tools.
We work to stay up to date with the latest in machine learning, leveraging existing software when possible and using empiricism + quick iteration to turn theory into pragmatic solutions. As part of the Innovation team, you'd have frequent opportunities to grow and share your machine learning knowledge. Your work would be high visibility and essential to the success of our client engagements.
- Developing models in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Developing ML-related pipelines, scripts, and APIs in Python
- Dealing with training issues such as low data quality, data imbalances, and over/under-fitting
- Engaging in collaborative software development using tools such as Git and Jira
- Communicating about technical subjects to people with widely varying backgrounds
- Packaging services using tools such as Anaconda and Docker
- Experience deploying and maintaining machine learning systems in production
- Experience with computer vision and related libraries such as OpenCV and scikit-image
- Experience working in a remote team
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with CI/CD processes using technologies such as Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, etc
#LI-Remote This role is 100% remote. Our entire company works virtually, and often across time zones. You will be based remotely and will need to be well-versed in the use of Slack and video conferencing.
Plainsight is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.