Director of Communications
CURRENT OPENINGS /
Plainsight streamlines vision AI for enterprises with new ways to analyze, share and benefit from valuable visual information. Solving problems where others have failed, Plainsight helps the world’s most innovative customers realize the potential of their data through smart, easy to use, effective solutions. Our intuitive, low-code platform gives every team across organizations the ability to build, manage, and operationalize solutions. With actionable insights and unblinking accuracy, Plainsight powers enterprise-ready applications to automate processes, mitigate risk, enhance product portfolios, and increase revenue opportunities. For more information, visit plainsight.ai.
As our Director of Communications, you will play a key role in shaping, strengthening, and managing Plainsight’s industry position as the leader in proven vision AI. You will be responsible for developing the perception of Plainsight as an AI/ML/Computer Vision thought leader and increase brand visibility among key external audiences. This key role will serve as a liaison across our organization to drive press announcements, media strategy and thought leadership storytelling. As a member of the corporate communications team, you will work closely with product marketing, business development/sales/strategic alliances, as well as social media teams to build integrated communication plans to achieve overall business objectives. In addition to directing earned media outreach, pitches, and speaking engagement efforts, you will be responsible for the development of partnership marketing strategy and deliverables with the goal of elevating Plainsight thought leadership through partnerships and success stories.
- Execute on communications strategies and pursue top tier media coverage and thought leadership positioning, working collaboratively across teams and PR agency partners
- Build and manage a steady drumbeat of customer and partnership news and success stories to elevate Plainsight’s role making vision AI instantly valuable for use among developers and enterprises
- Continuously enhance the corporate messaging and create effective, high quality media pitches that resonate with tier-1 media, including podcasts, as well as key technical and vertical channels
- Work across teams to proactively identify and develop storytelling opportunities that align with corporate priorities
- Possess hands-on partnership marketing capabilities and experience-based relationship-building to enable accurate opportunity assessment, and participate in creating strategies to develop partner potential. Be able identify and communicate clear partnership benefits to our audiences as well as to those of our partner brands and technologies
- Lead communications reporting and measurement; use analysis to adjust strategies for greater impact
- Build and strengthen media relations capabilities and cultivate new relationships with agency partners, members of the press, and manage inbound media inquiries
- Facilitate planning/execution of events and conferences and identify potential new forums where the company can build a presence
- Act as the team’s eyes and ears for relevant market, partner and competitor news and trends, continually working to tie our business to broader industry conversations
- Manage the activities of external public relations agencies and vendors
- Minimum 10 years of relevant PR/corporate communications and B2B tech sales/partnership marketing support experience
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to distill and present complex information into clear, concise and engaging communications
- Determined and self-motivated individual who loves to build, strives for continual improvements, and thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment
- Outstanding track record of success in developing, prioritizing and managing integrated communications strategies
- Serve as a trusted advisor to cross-functional teams and senior executives on external communications and analyst briefings
- Strong teamwork, analytical skills, leadership and interpersonal skills, and building/maintaining collaborative relationships
- Innately passionate about technology innovation, and experience in the cloud, data, AI/ML/CV space is a plus
- Experience in working with B2B tech influencers is a plus
- Excellent judgment and ability to juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work productively in a cross-functional environment and build strong relationships with internal and external teams
- Demonstrates an adaptable work style, responding quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
This role is 100% remote. Our entire company works virtually, and often across time zones. You will be based remotely and will need to be well-versed in the use of Slack and video conferencing.
Plainsight is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.