Senior Front End Engineer
CURRENT OPENINGS /
Plainsight streamlines vision AI for enterprises with new ways to analyze, share and benefit from valuable visual information. Solving problems where others have failed, Plainsight helps the world’s most innovative customers realize the potential of their data through smart, easy to use, effective solutions. Our intuitive, low-code platform gives every team across organizations the ability to build, manage, and operationalize solutions. With actionable insights and unblinking accuracy, Plainsight powers enterprise-ready applications to automate processes, mitigate risk, enhance product portfolios, and increase revenue opportunities. For more information, visit plainsight.ai.
You will be working with a team to build and maintain our user-facing web application. This role requires excellent communication and planning skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently yet thrive in a multi-faceted, multi-functional, multi-task work environment.
- Design and implement cutting-edge applications which will transform the industry
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables within autonomous teams
- Take part in architectural decision-making
- Understanding development lifecycle and working closely in a cross-functional and international team
- Be an active partner for the product team in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
- 5+ years experience writing software professionally
- Significant experience building, testing and maintaining internal and public-facing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks, preferably React or relevant declarative UI library
- Experience with unit testing modern web application stacks using Jest / react-testing-library / Cypress
- Experience building atomic components. Storybook, Cypress Components
- Familiar with frontend state management patterns. React/Context and/or frameworks like Flux / Redux
- Familiar with performance optimization in high traffic applications
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Passionate and aggressive. You take ownership of the product you build. You are aggressive when solving problems
- Experience with industry-standard 2D and 3D browser-based rendering engines
- Progressive Web Applications, especially Service Workers, Storage, Cache. Previous experience with Workbox is a plus
- Hands-on experience with the Material UI React framework
- Familiar with computer vision and media streaming capabilities
- Passion for data visualization
- WebGL, WebRTC, HLS, Dash
#LI-Remote This role is 100% remote. Our entire company works virtually, and often across time zones. You will be based remotely and will need to be well-versed in the use of Slack and video conferencing.
Plainsight is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.