Lead Data Scientist, Fraud Risk
Full-Time (Remote Available) /
We are currently able to hiring full-time in the following US locations: California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Florida, and Washington. If you are located outside of these states, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 10,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
As the Lead Risk Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in spearheading the development of a robust data foundation of Plooto’s Risk team. You will be entrusted with the unique opportunity to start with a clean slate and construct a state-of-the-art Risk data mart by harnessing both internal and external data sources. This data mart will serve as a dynamic and agile hub that adapts seamlessly to the integration of new data sources. We are looking for a seasoned data science leader in the fraud risk management space - someone who not only possess extensive expertise but is also ready to dive headfirst into the intricacies of crafting innovative risk solutions. This role demands a passionate commitment to data-driven decision-making and the aptitude to craft intricate risk strategies that effectively tackle the ever-evolving landscape of risks.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement risk strategies and solutions to mitigate fraud risk through statistical analysis, with a strong focus on optimizing end-to-end risk-based decisions.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance feature engineering and risk models processes based on payment and customer behavior data.
- Perform A/B testing to validate hypothesis and influence features prioritization
- Create and manage a comprehensive data mart, incorporating available risk features and data for in-depth risk analysis.
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering team, Business Insights & Analytics team, Risk Operations, and other cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of risk solutions and data pipelines.
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy of data flowing through the data pipeline, identifying and addressing data quality issues as they arise.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in risk modeling and data analysis to drive continuous improvement in our risk mitigation strategies.
- Mentor and coach Data Scientist and Risk Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, or a related discipline with 7+ years of experience related to fraud risk management in the payment/fintech industry.
- Knowledge of fraud detection and risk mitigation with a proven experience in designing and implementing risk strategies and solutions, preferably in a financial, payments, or e-commerce environment.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling techniques.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python or R.
- Experience with data visualization tools and database management systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a data-driven mindset.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.