Senior Program Manager (Polygon Guilds)
Business / Admin – Developer Studio /
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Senior Program Manager to join our efforts to engage and drive the developer community efforts by managing the growth and operations of the Polygon Guilds program.
Learn more about Polygon Guilds program here: https://polygon.technology/guilds
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with Guild Mages (volunteers) around the world to create a vibrant developer community around Polygon protocols. That includes but is not limited to guiding them through the process of organizing a successful developer-focused event, helping them with marketing amplification via internal and external channels, Encourage high quality content for these events and recording the ROI on these activities.
You will also be supporting the online activity of guild members even when there are no events happening. It is important to seed conversations and/or encourage members to do it and to cultivate good vibes in each guild community.
You will also be tasked with improving the processes whenever you see fit. As Senior Program Manager, you will take ownership of the success of this program.
Crypto-native is a plus.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive the strategy and scale the Polygon Guilds program – both by quantity and quality – and make these developer communities self sustainable.
- Set up key metrics to define the ‘health’ of guilds in the program.
- Encourage top cities guilds to have consistent technical-focused activities and a vibrant community.
- Improve processes in the guild program.
- Improve online activity of guild communities on channels like Telegram, Discord, Twitter etc.
- Motivate guild mages (volunteers) and design proper incentivisation mechanisms for the program.
- Understand the focus of product teams and encourage the alignment of guild activities to the organization’s success.
- Work closely with guild mages (volunteers) around the world to help them succeed in local community building, including but not limited to IRL events, workshops, meetups, and virtual activities.
- Continuously measure and report on the success of the program.
- Collaborate with external developer communities to expand reach and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to help with marketing amplification of guilds’ initiatives.
A Day in the Life
- A Senior Program Manager can perform any of the following duties on a given day:
- Strategise execution and plan out potential activities (online and offline) guilds can do, aligned with Polygon’s solutions.
- Work with key partners to nurture developer communitiesImprove upon the processes currently in place and build a playbook.
- Scout, interview and onboard new guild mages (guild leads) in key cities.
- Have constant communication with guild mages around the world.
- Have meeting calls with product teams, marketing team and others to help guild initiatives thrive.
About the Team
- We are a remote-first team with a broad set of experiences ranging from engineering, developer marketing, product development etc. We value:
- Developer Empathy: We understand the developer journey Embrace Uncertainty:
- Being in Web3 means embracing the paradox of being absolutely comfortable with not knowing while not being satisfied with not knowing.
- Async communication and autonomy: We over-index on async communication and autonomy.
- Technical Depth: We know our stuff because developers expect us to
- Team: We don’t seek individual glory at the expense of the greater good, and we understand that our maximized impact is felt when we are aligned and function as a team.
What you’ll need - Preferred Qualifications
- At least 1 year of experience running Web3 communities or Developer Communities
- Proven record to growing online communities.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology, specifically Polygon's stack and middleware solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a distributed team and across time zones.
- Passion for building developer communities and helping developers succeed.
- Experience in developer relations or developer advocacy is a plus.
- Experience working with DAOs and decentralized governance is a plus.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn