United States /
Finance / Accounting – Finance / Accounting /
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
As a Sr. Accountant at Polygon, you will help build the accounting function from the ground up to help support the future of Web3.
About the Team
The Team is composed of individuals from all over the world working together to build the gold standard in Web3 Accounting & Finance. Most of us here are passionate about Web3 and believe in the “future of money”.
A Day in the Life
No two days will be the same! The Web3 space is constantly evolving, and the Accounting Team at Polygon needs to keep up. One day may be full of technical accounting research, while the next is focused on balance sheet reconciliations or process improvement. Most days will be fast paced and dynamic.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts within a complex entity structure
- Work with the Accounting Manager in documenting and researching complex technical accounting topics
- Provide key support in the implementation of NetSuite
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a complex organization
- Prior experience accounting for FX and Intercompany transactions
- Strong understanding of financial statements and GAAP Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational management skills
- Experience with NetSuite (strongly preferred)
- CPA designation (preferred)
- Prior experience accounting in a cryptocurrency setting (strongly preferred)
- Working knowledge of IFRS Experience researching complex accounting topics within FASB codification
- Big 4 accounting experience (large regional firm is okay)
- Consolidation experience in a multi-entity setting
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
*Company matching 401k with 6% match
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
$2,000 Employee Development Program
Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
Company issued laptop
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon
Website | Twitter | Ecosystem Twitter | Developer Twitter | Studios Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn