Director - Business Development - APAC
Business Development / Partnership – Business Development /
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
- This role will be the APAC Business Development Leader focused on driving partnerships across verticals in region.
- The ideal candidate would have BD, partnership and strategy experience in both Web2 and Web3 partnerships and would be able to leverage their industry connections to grow business for Polygon. This person would also be the single threaded leader for APAC partnerships and will be autonomous in their daily roles
- The activities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, reaching out, forging partnerships and managing a regional team.
- You will work closely with the global bd team to help drive industry leading deals in the APAC region.
- Expectations:Polygon Labs is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior role and would report to the Head of Global BD.
What you need to succeed:
- 10-12+ years in Business Development
- Ability to build and grow world class BD teams.
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the gaming industry and advise how game studios can interact and join the web3 Polygon ecosystem.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and Web3 gaming and concepts
- Have industry knowledge of gaming revenue points and lead discussions of moving to a web3 revenue generation business model and Marketplaces.
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution.
- Account and project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and enragement of different Polygon internal business units.
- Be able to hold advanced negotiations with high-level gaming studios and enterprise clients to allocate Polygon Studios resources to be able to win projects.
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn