Senior Manager, Accounting
Finance – Finance /
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
The Accounting Manager will lead the Accounting team with maintaining the books and records of the Polygon Labs entities. You will directly lead the account reconciliations, month end close, process improvement, and other ad hoc requests.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish and document accounting policies, procedures and best practices
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Perform month end close, monthly journal entries, and general bookkeeping
- Assist with the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Analyze monthly P&L variances and explain key drivers
- Lead system implementations
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet general ledger accounts, bank accounts, and crypto wallets
- Perform other accounting duties and support team members as required or assigned.
- Ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
A Day in the Life
- Working to implement and manage various financial systems to ensure data integrity and accurate accounting reports.
- Reconcile and code bank statements, crypto wallets and spend across the org.
- Coordinate with the finance team and stakeholders globally to ensure accounting best practices are being implemented
- Help finance team with ad hoc reports
About the Team
- Highly motivated team focused on creating a best in class finance function while maintaining a healthy and balanced work culture
- Work to implement various financial tools to automate and streamline the accounting and finance processes
- Dynamic work environment in a cutting edge tech industry. Keeps the work exciting!
- Plenty of opportunities for growth and a broad spectrum of learning opportunities will arise. Suitable for candidates who are willing to learn and think outside the box.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Experience with Netsuite is mandatory
- CPA designation and Public Accounting experience is mandatory
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a complex organization
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational management skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite particularly with Sheets
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Solid understanding of Financial Statements
- Crypto/Web3 Experience
- MBA is a plusBig 4 accounting experience
- Previous Tech or SaaS experience
- Consolidation experience in a multi-entity international firm
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 3% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75 Monthly internet or phone reimbursement
Flexible Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Egg freezing, mental health, and employee wellness benefits
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
Website | Twitter | Developer Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn