Community Marketing, Collegiate (Contract)
Los Angeles /
We are looking to hire a hustler and marketer to lead our community building and strategy for college. You will create and execute the strategy to mobilize regional college leads and work alongside ambassadors to acquire new users and strengthen retention.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing and well-backed social media startup with an existing scale and do needle moving impact work from the ground up. Your role will be given significant autonomy and budget to win over major colleges and universities.
We need someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and has a “no role is too small for me” mentality. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone who can think outside the box, is strategic and scrappy, and who is a team player.
- Be an ambassador of the Poparazzi brand at all levels
- Proactively build relationships with students, clubs, fraternities and sororities, teachers, school leadership, etc.
- Own the KPIs and success metrics in our college marketing strategy
- Be a main point of contact for local student brand ambassadors
- Lead experiential activations, pop up events, etc.
- Be active in local student communities
- Plan for back to school launches, and major events and milestones during the calendar school year
- Help develop community and student ambassadors
- Wear “multiple hats” and work collaboratively with team members
- 0 to 2+ years of relevant experience in managing communities, field marketing, and/or sales marketing
- Confident and eloquent public speaker
- Experience in working independently and autonomously while managing multiple priorities
- Thoughtful leader, team oriented, priority awareness, passion and sense of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to drive campaigns within set timelines and budgets
- Experience in managing relationships
- Scrappy, get-shit-done mentality
- Demonstrated interest in social media, cultural events, and mainstream media
- Based in Los Angeles, CA (preferred)