Full Time /
You’re passionate about a sustainable future and want to build something special. You want autonomy to own your work and at the same time to work with a talented, like minded team. The pace and scope of bringing an innovative product to market doesn’t scare you - it excites you.
We feel exactly the same way.
We design proactive software for vehicles that take on challenging terrain. Our technology enables vehicles to see the road ahead of them, making them aware of the terrain, helping them anticipate challenges and make smarter decisions. We also factor in rider readiness to optimize safety, efficiency, and support. It's about safer, more sustainable, and more capable exploration – from construction sites to remote wilderness
Here's the problem we are trying to solve:
Financial Management is currently shared between multiple executives and consultants. While this process has enabled us to grow to the size we are now, we are planning growth that requires more strategic and holistic oversight. The individual will play a critical role in scaling our accounting operations to support business growth and serve as a finance partner to management. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to deliver high-value work within a small and agile finance team, while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
The ideal candidate is an experienced accounting professional with exceptional leadership abilities. They are not afraid to dig into the details yet prefer managing strategic high-level activities. They are an effective team leader who knows how and when to delegate and provide guidance where needed.
Here's where you will come in
- Finance Partner
- Proactively manage cash flows, ensuring optimal allocation of resources and financial sustainability.
- Coordinate with People Operations on payroll, adhering to local labor and tax regulations.
- Support strategic planning by providing financial projections and participating in planning sessions.
- Lead in annual budgeting, forecasting, and operational planning efforts.
- Continuously drive company-wide financial literacy
- Policy, Systems, & Control
- Research, develop, and document accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls compliant with B2B technology industry standards.
- Implement and manage robust, scalable accounting systems to meet the specific needs of a rapidly growing technology business.
- Oversee and refine non-financial policies including expenses, procurement, and vendor relations.
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare timely financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual), providing accurate insights and analyses of the business results
- Develop a deep understanding of our information systems and identify opportunities for improvements
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Board materials including a detailed overview of corporate performance and management commentary
- Functional Oversight
- Oversight of overall accounting function and all accounting matters.
- Build and oversee a team.
- Oversee the accounts payable function, provide finance review of vendor agreements and direct the overall contract to payment process
- Mediating tax refunds (ie. SRED)
- Oversee the treasury function, including cashflow management and bank reconciliations.
What you're good at
- Proven leader with a history of success in leading and influencing teams and stakeholders
- Full cycle accounting experience – Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations through to financial statement preparation
- CPA designation required.
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting systems (ie. Xero) and GSuite
- Taxation and Sale Tax knowledge
- Experience in a VC funded start-up environment, an asset
- Technical problem-solving skills
$95,000 - $115,000 a year
commensurate with experience
Start Date: April 2024
This role is based out of our office in Fredericton, NB.
What it’s like to work with us:
Health benefits plan from day one.
Freedom and flexibility in work-life balance
Clear career progression plans & learning allowance.
Paid Parental Leave
A values-driven workplace and strong founding culture.
Potential Motors is an equal opportunity employer.