Senior Ruby Developer
Montréal, QC /
ABOUT POTLOC :
Potloc has become an expert in gathering and centralizing valuable insights that enable businesses to better understand and tackle their ongoing challenges. We are sourcing survey respondents on social media networks, through advanced geolocation and interest-based targeting.
Our team is building a dashboard to present all of our data into a clear and reliable internal tool used to drive thousands of respondents to our surveys. You will help us in bringing near real-time performance insights to our clients and build a scalable product.
At Potloc, we are driven by AMBITION, LEARNING, TRANSPARENCY and TEAM SPIRIT.
Our people are at the core of everything we do and these values guide our every decision. We are committed to the dev community: we participate in meetups, peer mentoring and open source platforms.
By joining Potloc, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative, open-source technologies and the latest web tech stack. Also, we love board games, playing music, outdoor activities, and almost all of us can juggle (we can teach you!).
Are you ready to join our team? We’re excited to get to know you!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
In order to better support Potloc’s hyper growth, the development team was split into 4 squads and will double in size. Each squad will focus on a key element of our product and consist of several developers, a product manager, product designer and a data scientist. As a Senior Ruby Developer, you will proactively contribute to the current codebase and bring velocity to the existing team. You will be part of a team of experienced backend and frontend developers.
Alongside our technical team, you will develop new features on our data analysis software. Your expertise will help the team building and maintaining a scalable web application. You will report to one of the Technical Leads of the squad you will join.
What do we do in the Product team?
Your team will be responsible for developing new features on our data analysis software. Your expertise will help the team building and maintaining a scalable web application. Our dashboard is used by internal clients (Respondent Acquisition, Market Research) to create & optimize multi-channel campaigns, monitor targeted quotas and ultimately deliver a high-quality representative respondent sample under a very short amount of time.
1. Improve the analytics dashboard
- Deliver accurate statistics through our GraphQL API.
- Aggregate data to produce maps, graphs, charts, progress bars, and more.
- Maintain and optimize a plethora of concurrent services to drive real-time analytics.
2. Launch and Monitor Ad Automation Platform
Our team is building a dashboard to present all our data into a clear and reliable internal tool used to drive thousands of respondents to our surveys. You will help us in bringing near real-time performance insights to our clients and build a scalable product.
- Improve our Ad Automation Platform by delivering new features and connecting new Ad networks
- Deal with APIs from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and more
- Gather financial and performance indicators
- Contribute to open source community on our social media integrations
3. Scale our survey programming and integration
We use a third party software to handle our surveys, our team is responsible for making sure we’ve optimized these tools and that it will scale with us.
- API integration between questionnaire providers and our platform
- Large scale data structure optimization for storage and calculation
- ML optimized respondent journey
4. Incorporate machine learning in our platform
With the help of our data science team, we’ve built a predictive model to help our sales team better quote our customers. This allows us to have more consistent and higher margins. We plan on incorporating much more machine learning within our product in the future.
5. Interested in becoming a leader?
- Grow the team through mentoring and acting as a subject matter expert with a team of software developers.
- Improve yourself as a leader by learning with other Potloc leaders and through your own willingness to learn.
- Bring your experience of Ruby, we’re on Ruby 3.1 and Rails 7.0!
- Develop and improve the analytics dashboard by collaborating with Backend, Frontend and Full-stack Engineers to drive existing and new features
- Contribute to our GraphQL API, service architecture, queuing system, database systems, and other core infrastructure services
- Learn to scale a large set of data on AWS
- Willing to learn, transparent, ambitious, team player, listening skills and attention to details
- At least 5-8 years of experience being a professional programmer in Ruby
- Some of your Ruby on Rails or React code is deployed in production
What's in it for you ?
- 📚 Comprehensive training and onboarding process
- 🏡 A flexible remote work policy
- 🏖 4 weeks vacations and 5 sick days
- ☀️ A great work environment in Mile-End, full of light and fun
- 📈 A rapidly growing company where the sky's the limit
- 🚴♀️ Bixi membership
- Telephone interview (30 min)
- Interview with the Head of Engineering (30 min)
- Technical interview with the Principal Programmer (1 hour)
- Meet the team (1 hour)
- Culture fit interview (30 min)
- Job offer 🙌